Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mobile Detects Base Station but PC Doesn't!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Arloagain
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I use the Arlo app on my Android cell phone it instantly recognizes the base station. However when I continue to try and set up the account through the app, it says it "unavailable" at the moment. I've tried over the course of a few hours and it's the same thing every time.

When I move on to my PC to try and set things up through the website, my PC cannot find the base station. I've tried changing the wireless networks and nothing works. There is a Netgear device detected but if I choose that, it asks for a network password. I tried the password for my wireless in-home network (that the mobile phone is using) and it tells me the password is incorrect. I'm stuck between an app that can't connect with Netgear and a PC that can't find the base station! Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lizkeller7,

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have a definitive answer but try resetting the base by holding only the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Make sure you have two green LEDs - power and Internet.  ANy luck?

Arloagain
Aspirant
Aspirant

For whatever reason, the Android App finally worked (my guess is the Netgear servers were overwhelmed with conversions from the original Vuezone destruction deadline) and everything is fine now. Getting set-up on the app even enabled me to view everything through my PC on the Arlo website so the app was a work around that did what an attempt to set it up on my PC couldn't do. 

Lizkeller7
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same trouble. Have had the cameras for three weeks now and everytime I go to app to register it recognizes my base station, but then says " arlo is unavailable" and I can't move on to sync my cameras! So frustrating . Tried on my computer as well and the arlonetgear website won't even come up.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lizkeller7,

Engineering has identified the cause of this error and has deployed a fix to prevent users from experiencing this issue. The engineering team is continuing to work on a long-term solution for this issue so that users do not experience this in the future. For customers who previously were experiencing this behavior, please try again and let us know if any unexpected errors persist.

JamesC