Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
korybrown
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have eight cameras and only seven show up in the all motion on mode. In the camera area all eight show but no green running man. I can take a picture with the camera that does not show up. I used cell phone to record this problem. What happened to the camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
korybrown
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had eight modes set up then lost 5 for some reason. On my note 3 i would click on time, ( that had no description because that mode was deleted ), and the ap wouldcreate an error and shut down. On my computer using chrome no calender with schedule would be shown. Up until this all eight cameras were working fine. I then rebooted base station 3 times. Finally the scedules came back. Thats when i lost one camera. Your tip about adding another camera worked. When added another camera i lost all setups for each mode. No cameras were activated for any mode. I started over. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your rules and modes - it's possible that the one camera is somehow not selected.

korybrown
Aspirant
Aspirant
Only 7 cameras show up to select of the eight available in rules and modes. All cameras show up when viewing in camera mode. I could send pic or videos but no option to show problem to you.
korybrown
Aspirant
Aspirant

In rules only 7 cameras show. In the mode area only seven cameras show. In the camera area eight cameras show and I can take pictures and video manually. Tried sync with base station still the same. All firmware is the same in all eight cameras. All eight were working for a week until yesterday. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

korybrown,

It sounds like the rule for the eighth camera was deleted. We'll call this affected camera, "Camera 8". Try recreating the rule by navigating to Settings, Rules and then clicking "Add". Then set up if motion is detected on Camera 8 then record on Camera 8. After you have done this be sure to click "Save" in the top right hand corner. After you have created the rule, navigate to your active mode and make sure the new rule is active by clicking on it. If done correctly the rule text will turn green with a green check mark next to it.

Hope this helps!

JamesC

korybrown
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had eight modes set up then lost 5 for some reason. On my note 3 i would click on time, ( that had no description because that mode was deleted ), and the ap wouldcreate an error and shut down. On my computer using chrome no calender with schedule would be shown. Up until this all eight cameras were working fine. I then rebooted base station 3 times. Finally the scedules came back. Thats when i lost one camera. Your tip about adding another camera worked. When added another camera i lost all setups for each mode. No cameras were activated for any mode. I started over. Cheers!