Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pierm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, i noticed a problem when multiple users make a manual recording at the same time on the same camera.

The problem occurs when a user (USER1) starts recording, than a second user (USER2) starts recording too on the same camera. If USER2 stops recording before USER1 stops, the resulting recording will be long since USER1 began recording as USER2 interrupted. So the remaining part of USER1's recording, from when USER2 stopped, will be lost.

To summarize (all actions performed on same camera):

- USER1 starts manual recording (from web interface)

- after 1min USER2 starts manual recording (from mobile app)

- after 1min USER2 stops recording

- after 1min USER1 stops recording

I should get 2 recordings, one 3 minutes long (USER1 recording) and another 2 minutes long (USER2 recording), or at least one single recording 3 minutes long since the two recordings overlap. Instead i get one recording 2 minute long, from when USER1 started to when USER2 stopped.

For this problem I have lost a significant part of a recording because I did not know that my mother too was recording from her smartphone.

I think the web interface and the smartphone app should prevent the start of a new recording if there is already an ongoing.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

Pierangelo
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pierm,

Thank you for the feedback. I will escalate this for further investigation.

JamesC

pierm
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC

any news about this problem?

Pierangelo
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pierm,

I was able to replicate as you describe above and have opened a case for the reported issue. I am awaiting feedback from the engineering team and will post an update as soon as I can.

JamesC