Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Major delay in Email alert

Discussion stats
Lillili
Aspirant
Aspirant
Lately, I receive the email alerts from arlo wireless 5-10 minutes to 4 hours after the actual recording happens. How can this get fixed?

Thanks!
32 REPLIES 32
TimTexas22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone figured out the solution to the email/video delay? Mine currently is about 4-5 hours later which makes the whole thing pointless to have.    With all the posts on this subject it sure seems to be a bigger server issue and not a hardware issue.  Any thoughts? Thanks.

MarcusAlbertus
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have put in a support request. They have tried to help but want to focus on my internet, not their system, which is funny since event updates worked fine for two months before the delays started (currently experiencing anything from no delay up to 7 hours). They even asked what I pay for internet, which led me to ask for a supervisor. Still waiting to hear from a supervisor and will post if I hear anything.
jaysa
Guide
Guide
I have been having the same delay reported by others. For the last week, the problem was corrected, but now the delay is back. Although, now the delay is only happening about 20% of the time. Still very annoying.
HugoC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue. Video delay up to couple hours sporadically in the last couple months. Reboot didn't seem to work.

Jeepmn27
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having this same issue, just started about 4 weeks ago, videos are delayed for at least 2-3 hours but sometimes as much as 5 hrs. This makes Arlo completely useless and is very frustrating. Please give an update as soon as you can.
mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Same problem here.   Bumping this string in hopes that we'll get good advice or it will get fixed on Arlo end.

mountains2sea
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've still been having problems for over 2 months.  Some cameras report immediately.  Others are delayed by several hours.  Others never report for days.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update has been deployed that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing delayed content.

JamesC