Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
CarolB
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras have been offline since the 27 APR 22  incident, and rebooting the base station doesn't help. I have had nothing but problems with this system since it was installed!

Camera's Offline Wednesday 27th April 2022 12:59:18

Arlo DevOps team is investigating an intermittent issue where Camera's connected to Arlo Base Station shows offline. We apologize for the inconvenience.

This incident has been resolved.

Posted 5 days ago by Arlo DevOps

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CarolB,

Try opening the battery compartment door, remove and reinsert the batteries. Do you see any LED behavior on the cameras?

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CarolB wrote:

My cameras have been offline since the 27 APR 22  incident, and rebooting the base station doesn't help. 

Are you only seeing this the web browser?  Or are you also seeing it in the app?

If you are only seeing it in the browser, then try clearing the browser cache.

CarolB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both. 

I’m ready to switch to someone else’s product at this point. *I* didn’t create this issue—ARLO did—but they refuse to help me with it because my system is not brand new (though the components have been replaced so many times, it should be considered new).

I bought the security system because of vandalism and the Neighbor from Hell, and it's so frustrating that it doesn't protect me. (Even when it *is* "working," it doesn't "see" people coming up my walk or on my front porch--but it always tells me when I leave the house, or come home, and it responds to people driving by - but not walking). I'm disabled, and every time they mess with their software, I have to climb ladders to get the cameras and re-set them. I'm done with it!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CarolB,

This sounds like a different issue than the outage you are referring to on April 27th.

Are the batteries depleted in these cameras?

JamesC

CarolB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually, no, James C—in fact, they’re all brand new. The cameras went off on 27 APR, and never came back up again—a coincidence, or user error, I’m sure. (When I first log in, I can see a photo of where I was carrying the camera when I replaced the battery and reset the unit--which immediately disappears.) 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CarolB,

Try opening the battery compartment door, remove and reinsert the batteries. Do you see any LED behavior on the cameras?

JamesC

CarolB
Aspirant
Aspirant

That was apparently the needed (as usual) fix--but since they don't alert me that I will have to reboot my cameras when they do an update, I have no way of knowing that such is the case. (The only e-mails I receive from ARLO are to push new products--they don't even retain the promised "trusted" login for a minute, let alone 14 days--and on and on.) Let me explain my shortness, which isn't directed at you. I'm a disabled senior citizen. Every time they do this, I have to climb up on ladders to retrieve and hard-boot my cameras--or go without coverage I don't even know I've lost. These aren't software programs for gaming or word-processing: they're safety devices, purchased (at least in my case) when one's security is threatened by unknown intruders, and when they disappear for no reason, with no warning that they're going to be offline, it's very, very unsettling. Surely ARLO can find the time, amidst its endless barrage of sales e-mails, to send users a note saying that they will be updating the system on such and such date at such and such time, and users will need to hard reboot their devices?
I do appreciate the help. I am just so incredibly tired of needing it!
Thanks again!

schappell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues.  I have tried the steps you have listed of removing the battery and reinserting it.  I have also tried to resync the camera to the hub and nothing works.  I don't get any LED lights on the camera.  Do you have any other recommendations?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@schappell wrote:

I don't get any LED lights on the camera.  Do you have any other recommendations?

What camera model?

Is it possible that the battery is fully discharged?  You can test for this by simply swapping batteries with another camera. 

You can also try connecting the camera to the charger.  You should see some LED activity when you do that (assuming the charging circuitry is all working).