Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Low temperatures

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
arlomaster
Guide
Guide
Should I bring my cameras inside if temperatures are very low outside? Lower than the 14 degree Fahrenheit operating limit labeled on the box?

It's in the low 20s out right now and is expected to get into the low teens when the sun comes down.
4 REPLIES 4
arlomaster
Guide
Guide
found some other threads, so I guess it's more of a battery issue.

Is it okay to just turn the cameras off instead of taking them down and bringing them inside?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No...leave them out...

I had the Arlo out in 0F for a few days in a row with no problem other than voltage sag on batteries

Just did a -4F test in the freezer for 4 hours on the PRO... no damage to cam tho it did go off for a while due to excessive cold.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Will-Arlo-Pro-be-damaged-below-the-rated-temperature-range...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

arlomaster wrote:
found some other threads, so I guess it's more of a battery issue.

Is it okay to just turn the cameras off instead of taking them down and bringing them inside?

just disarm them...uses almost no power in the sleep mode

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Just wanted to let you know that I put the PRO back in the freezer over night ,  it was in for 10 hrs at -4F. ( going in when already at 20F from out side )

Only difference was that it was plugged in without the battery pack installed.

So the camera worked fine, no bad messages about have to warm up.  It appears all the problems that may occur with the PRO is due to the battery pack and sensors related to same.

This is prob why I was able to do the same test on the Arlo with the li-ion cells and had no problem with operation. ( only voltage sag ).

End result ...if you want to put the PRO outside in weather colder than 0f, pull the battery pack and all should be fine.