Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

I was able to get little green running man back by clicking the check mark at the right side of my "All Motion On" Mode and then hitting SAVE...

Then, under CAMERA ORDER...I noticed a CIRCLED X next to camera serial number. Did I do this?

Now, when I hit camera icon, I get a live view...with green running man...until I hit the arrow in the middle of the picture...

"Please Wait" comes on screen...still have live feed...but little running man is NO LONGER GREEN!

Mode is still:  All Motion On   Monday-Sunday 12 AM-11:59PM

Rule is still:    100% sensitive...120 sec record video

# cameras still:  1

10 REPLIES 10
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Plzhelp,

According to our data center report, your camera is not on the latest firmware version.

Please follow these steps in order to get your camera on the latest firmware:

How can I trigger my Arlo system to update its firmware?

You can configure your base station to automatically update its firmware the next day. If you enable Auto Update FW (found under Settings > Base Station Settings), the base station and camera firmware will automatically update itself between 3am and 5am the next morning.

To trigger your Arlo system to update its firmware the next day:

1. Log in to your Arlo account at https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login.
    2. SelectSettings > Base Station Settings.
    3. Make sure that the Auto Update FW setting is set to the ON position.
    4. As long as Auto-Update FW is ON and there is a base station firmware update available, the base station will update itself the next day between 3am and 5am.
    5. Cameras will also update their firmware on this schedule, if there is a firmware update available and Auto Update FW is ON.

Please let me know if this fixes the issue you are experiencing. 

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

Dear DeannS:

Thanks for replying to my S.O.S.... The Base Station Auto Update FW IS ON...shown by the "green barrel" icon...right ?! 

Just to be sure, I clicked it off and then On and saved it...Went back to live view of my front lawn...still getting live feed...green man...until I press the arrow...green man turns GRAY...but I can manually record....

Here are the other base station settings:

Flicker Adjustment:   Auto (60 HZ)

FW version   1.4.2627

HW version    VMB3010 r 2

I have just purchased this Arlo System less than a week ago from Best Buy...why is the camera not on the lastest firmware version?

Sincerely,

Plzhelp

DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Plzhelp,

It is possible that during the shelf life of the product, the firmware update could have been missed.

Your Base Station is up to date with the latest firmware, so no issues there.

If you have had the system for more than a couple of days and the auto update feature was on, the reason your firmware has not been updated yet is your camera may be too far away from the Base Station.

My suggestion would be to bring the camera closer to the Base Station tonight and it should have the most up to date firmware version in the morning.

The update is set to run between 3am and 5am.

If your camera firmware is not updated tomorrow morning, then we will need to open a support case.

Please let me know if this helps.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

To: DeannS

P.S. When I manually record the live view...little man turns GREEN, again.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Plzhelp wrote:

I was able to get little green running man back by clicking the check mark at the right side of my "All Motion On" Mode and then hitting SAVE...

Then, under CAMERA ORDER...I noticed a CIRCLED X next to camera serial number. Did I do this?

Now, when I hit camera icon, I get a live view...with green running man...until I hit the arrow in the middle of the picture...

"Please Wait" comes on screen...still have live feed...but little running man is NO LONGER GREEN!

Mode is still:  All Motion On   Monday-Sunday 12 AM-11:59PM

Rule is still:    100% sensitive...120 sec record video

# cameras still:  1

When Motion is activated.... the running man is GREEN.

If you start a LIVE STREAM, you are over-riding the running man and he will go gray UNTIL you stop it. When you stop the live feed, the MAN WILL TURN GREEN AGAIN !

The "circle X" is normal and its to un-sync or deactivate the camera.... DO NOT hit it unless your moving your cam to another system

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

So, does that mean that you can not watch (live stream) and have the running man be green OR that you can not record the live stream and have the running man be green?

Thanks,

Plzhelp

Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

Dear DeannS:

Thanks...will move camera closer to base station tonight.

Just so you know: Both are within 30 ft. of each other, inside the house now.

Plzhelp

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

So, does that mean that you can not watch (live stream) and have the running man be green OR that you can not record the live stream and have the running man be green?

If you are LIVE VIEWING or RECORDING MANUALLY the man will NOT be green even if  MOTION IS ON. ( you are over riding the motion detect )

When you stop, the man will return to GREEN automatically ( if it was previously set on )

Morse is faster than texting!
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

Dear DeannS:

Since our 6/24/15 check of my Arlo base station and camera firmware, I moved all four cameras closer to the base station to take advantage of the 3 A.M. to 5 A.M. update.

Could you please tell me if the cameras now were updated...and have the latest firmware version?

Thanks,

Plzhelp

DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Plzhelp,

On behalf of DeannS, I am glad to inform you that your Arlo cameras were updated to the latest firmware version 1.2.2545.

Regards,

DaneA

Arlo Team