Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Logged in another device, but I'm not.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
thatgrumguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't log into the app as I'm allegedly logged in elsewhere. No way to log out those sessions remotely. I now have half a dozen paperweights.

Changing my password on my.arlo.com does nothing.

Does that also suggest someone has taken over my account and even though I have full access to be able to change my details, including the password, they can still control my cameras?

Arlo support won't touch me, they seem to have blacklisted me as I raised a complaint the day I bought their backwards hardware, where I caught them in fraudulent behaviour. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thatgrumguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Passwords and 2FA were changed.  I also used different devices (3 Android and 2 iOS devices). This issue had been happening for weeks. I didn't want to go down the support route again after last time.

Suggesting I use sugar instead of vinegar is quite presumptive of you.

It took several dozen contacts over four months to get Arlo to apologise and partially fix the mess they put me in. It started with sugar, which became pure bile before I gained traction. I'm done with being nice. They are robots with no power to do anything that isn't in their pre-determined instruction manual. I still haven't had a proper resolution, but I gave up after countless unanswered contacts. Being a paid user means jack if you don't confirm with their expectations. Also, having to pay to report an authentication bug on a website is abhorrent. 

I ended up creating a new account and then logged out. Logging in with the primary account afterwards worked. Problem solved. Makes no sense. Likely tied to my IP, as there is no other reason that it would block fresh device authentication attempts. Again, even if that were the case, it still makes no sense, even if you tried to argue it's for security. But that's Arlo. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A few things:

- I just tried using multiple devices to log in to see what happens. Each time I log in using a different device, the first one is logged out. The process is working properly here.

- I doubt someone has hacked your account but if you're not sure, change your password and make sure 2FA is enabled.

- support doesn't blacklist anyone but you do have to have a subscription to be able to talk to them. A single camera monthly sub gets you access which you can cancel once the issue is resolved. Maybe using sugar instead of vinegar would help.

thatgrumguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Passwords and 2FA were changed.  I also used different devices (3 Android and 2 iOS devices). This issue had been happening for weeks. I didn't want to go down the support route again after last time.

Suggesting I use sugar instead of vinegar is quite presumptive of you.

It took several dozen contacts over four months to get Arlo to apologise and partially fix the mess they put me in. It started with sugar, which became pure bile before I gained traction. I'm done with being nice. They are robots with no power to do anything that isn't in their pre-determined instruction manual. I still haven't had a proper resolution, but I gave up after countless unanswered contacts. Being a paid user means jack if you don't confirm with their expectations. Also, having to pay to report an authentication bug on a website is abhorrent. 

I ended up creating a new account and then logged out. Logging in with the primary account afterwards worked. Problem solved. Makes no sense. Likely tied to my IP, as there is no other reason that it would block fresh device authentication attempts. Again, even if that were the case, it still makes no sense, even if you tried to argue it's for security. But that's Arlo.