Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jadssr40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Messed up loaded batteries in wrong slot, blinked blue once and quit..opened it back up corrected slots, now camera will not work...fried?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jadssr40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks everybody that answered...I had left it alone, loaded the batteries one more time and it started working....Thanks again!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unlikely - reverse polarity shouldn't cause a problem. Make sure you only lightly place the batteries in their slots and let the battery door do the pushing.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@jadssr40 wrote:

Messed up loaded batteries in wrong slot, blinked blue once and quit..opened it back up corrected slots, now camera will not work...fried?

Try another camera with those batteries?

jadssr40
Aspirant
Aspirant
Deleted from my system, now trying to add it back in, won’t sync..keeps blinking blue than after a long period blinks yellow
jadssr40
Aspirant
Aspirant

impossible my camera will not sync....tried everything, possibly hurt it when I reversed batteries and closed it...it actually blinked once when I closed with batteries in wrong slot...now when I install batteries, the blue light on right side stays on..when I try to sync it flashes but won't sync...thanks for trying to help..I think it's done..

jadssr40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there somewhere that repairs Arlo cameras?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a hardware problem. I don't know of any reason reversed batteries would cause harm - a simple diode inline with the batteries would prevent damage.

jadssr40
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks everybody that answered...I had left it alone, loaded the batteries one more time and it started working....Thanks again!!