Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MiamiMom33146
Follower
Follower

Several months ago, immediately after one of Arlo's big software updates, the Live View function on our Arlo system stopped working regularly.  Prior to the software update, we hadn't experienced any problems with it at all.  We did not make any changes to our system, the cameras (6 of them) all have excellent wireless signals to the Base station, and the Base station is plugged in directly to our router.  We get really excellent upload/download speeds (100Mbps+), so that isn't the issue.  I can get Live View to work in the Arlo app on my iPhone about 1 time out of every 10-12 attempts.  Most of the time, I just see an icon that says "Connecting" and spins and spins until finally I get an error message that the camera isn't available, even though the camera shows a full wireless signal and will record motion if you step in front of it.   This happens on ALL of our cameras. 

One of the reasons we bought this system is that we could monitor it remotely.  I don't really see the point of a system that is so unreliable.  However, I welcome any suggestions for what I can do to fix this problem.  I've already tried resetting the base station, but that didn't do a thing.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi MiamiMom33146,

What iPhone & OS is it running? Also, What firmware is your base station & cameras using?