Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

H7 False alerts every night

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Thecoons
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an H7 working with the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 running firmware version V1.0.6.28_1.83.

I have read all the other discussion threads regarding false alerts but have not found help with my problem. I am receiving false motion alerts every night (5 or 6 of them). A few during the day from time to time but mostly at night. I have adusted the sensitivity many times but nothing seems to help.

I am running an old firmware version because the newer versions of Nighthawk firmware will not support Arlo and I don't have an Arlo router. 

Thanks for any help you can offer.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thecoons,

Have you tried to re-position the camera & adjust the sensitivity? What are the false alerts your camera is picking up? cars etc.

Thecoons
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have adjusted the sensitivity all the way down. The camara in inside on the wall about 6 1/2 from the floor facing a large open room. The shades are closed at night so it isn't seeing cars or anything outside.

I was wondering if my router firmware was relevant. I am not using an Arlo router. I am using an older version of firmware on my Nighthawk router. 

Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thecoons,

Unfortunately, to benefit form updated or enhanced features, you will need the option to apply present and future firmware updates.

Thecoons
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. I didn't know if the firmware version had anything to do with false alerts. The reason I haven't updated firmware for my Nighthawk router is the new firmware version does not support Arlo cameras any longer and I do not have an Arlo router. It dounds like I need to bite the bullet and purchase a router instead of trying to continue using my Netgear Nighthawk. Would you agree with this assessment?

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I was part of the R7K Arlo testing and can vouch for the myriad of problems that caused it to be canceled. I would VERY strongly reommend that you update the router firmware immediately and purchase a base to use your cameras on. There's absolutely no reason to continue to try to use the router as a base.