Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jblunt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I have been issues for the last 5 or 6 days now where the cameras will not allow me to view live stream froms any browser, iOS app (phone or iPad), or from an Android phone.  The motion sensors on the cameras continue to function, and record, and I am able to receive the email alerts and view the library.  The only thing that is not functioning is the live stream.  The only way to resolve this is to perform a full network reboot each time this occurs, which is tough to do as the base station is 3 hours from my home.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jblunt,

I have a few questions that might help us better understand the issue you are experiencing. Are you getting an error message when attempting to live stream? What ISP/router are you using? Has anything changed on your network since this started happening?

JamesC

jblunt
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
When I open the Arlo app from phone or browser it says that both of my cameras appear to be offline or not connected to Internet. I am unable to edit the mode of my base ration as it appears offline. I have tried to restart my base station through the settings but it says that messaging appears to be down. I do get all motion notifications and recordings however. I am using ExploreNet as my provider with a standard router. I have not put any firewall stops or changed any router settings.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jblunt,

What is the internet LED behavior on the base station when you have this issue? Do any other devices on your network have issues connecting to the internet when your base station is showing as offline?

JamesC

jblunt
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

I am unable to see the base statiion activity (building is locked).  The other items I have on site all have connectivity still, so my modem and router are still connected.  It is the arlo base station that goes offline in some shape or another.  The weird thing is that I receive notifications via email/app when motion is detected, the cameras are still recording and putting the recordings onto the library via web.  I am just unable to view live streams on the cameras.  I have also tried to restart my base station via my iPhone app, but I receive a message that states that the messaging service is currenly down.

jblunt

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried using the browser?

jblunt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried using the browser, iPhone, iPad, and from a Samsung phone all to no avail.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jblunt,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

ADbear
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did this get resolved? I have the exact same issue and no one is answering the phone at Arlo

ADbear
Aspirant
Aspirant

I resolved this by unplugging the base station and router, then plugged it in and waited for the 3 lights to turn green again (power, internet, cameras) From there I went to settings and deactivated the base station. Reactivated the base station by adding device and following the prompts. I had to sign out and sign in again and everything went back to normal.