Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Wheelspinz
Star
Star

Hello there. Lately I have noticed that the IPhone app library can take up to 2 or 3 minutes to update with new recordings. The preview picture on the device screen often updates quickly after the recording is finished but when you go to the library it is not. It can sometimes be forced to update by switching to another day’s recordings. Anyone else?

I have an iPhone X with iOS 13.3.1. The Arlo app version is 2.13.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wheelspinz
Star
Star
My app updated to 2.19.2 today and this pretty much seems to be fixed now. Only time will tell.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Wheelspinz
Star
Star

I meant update! Not ipdate! I can’t amend it or delete it to do it again!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Wheelspinz,

Is this happening when you're on cellular data and/or WiFi? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your iPhone to see if that helps?

Wheelspinz
Star
Star
Hi JessicaP it was both cellular and Wi-fi. I re-installed the app and it has helped a bit for some reason. It could still be better though. However you shouldn’t have to do that. It would be good for this to receive some attention at the next update, as the shorter the library updates the better to check there is not a suspicious person at my property when I am not at home.
hoboxcar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this exact same symptom.  Did not used to be an issue but it now occurs frequently.  VMB3010r2.  I have 5 cameras - two Arlos and and a Pro on one base plugged into wifi externder; an Arlo and Pro on the other base connected directly to router.  Firmware v1.12.  iPhone 8 with v13.3.1. Sometimes the events don't even get recorded in the library.  i've been waiting several minutes now for an event to display, and, a newer one from a couple of minutes ago.  Though the library shows several event from late this afternoon (so it's not as though it never works).   I just selected another day and returned to today's date and the event from what is now 4 minutes ago displays as well as another one that just happened.  
I can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that seems like a lot of trouble to go to.

melthepooh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to say I am having the same exact problem. I can see the camera had captured motion however, it takes about 2 mins for the library to reflect that video. The delays have been a lot more noticeable recently and it's rather frustrating since I would like to add one more camera and now not sure if I should. For reference App version is 2.18.1

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wheelspinz
Star
Star
Melthepooh I do also still get this, if you switch to another days recordings and do this for 2 or 3 different days and then back to the current day it seems to force it to update. Not ideal I know though.
melthepooh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. This workaround is absolutely not ideal because how I am seeing it is, supposedly you have an intruder of sort while you are away, that 2-3 minutes would be rather crucial. At the end of the day, this is the reason why we are installing security camera(s). I certainly hope Arlo technology folks will address this asap. If they don't,  I certainly think people will start to explore other options/brands in the market....

Wheelspinz
Star
Star
My app updated to 2.19.2 today and this pretty much seems to be fixed now. Only time will tell.