Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Involute
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have three original arlo cameras (h/w version H8), and at least one of their lenses has developed contamination on the outside that won't come off with water or alcohol; neither has any effect. It looks either like contamination or a coating that's eroded away in places. I still get an OK image from the camera, but I'd like to know what's happening. I have a photo, but I don't see any way to post it to this forum. Has anyone else had this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Involute
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I took your suggestion and opened a support case.  I was able to send the pic through chat and the rep offered to replace the camera, so I guess I'm set.  Thanks for the pointer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The best way is to use the Choose File selection under the posting text box so we can see the image right away.

I would open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Involute
Aspirant
Aspirant

Aah, there it is.  Thanks.  Here's the pic:Arlo lens.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see the image yet because it needs to be approved. Might not be until Monday.

Involute
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, I took your suggestion and opened a support case.  I was able to send the pic through chat and the rep offered to replace the camera, so I guess I'm set.  Thanks for the pointer.