Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Legacy app on Android 4.4.2?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cynortas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everybody,

I own a phone with Android 4.4.2 with Arlo installed. After the shift to the new version of the Arlo app, which I downloaded, my new app tells me that it os no longer supported after September 30th, 2019 because it is the legacy app. Though, Google Play Store tells me that this is the new app and that it was last updated on September 4th. I did receive a mail on September 24th from Arlo which told me that my devices would need to feature either iOS 10.3 or Android 4.1 in order to work with the Arlo app. I wonder if any others also have a supported version of Android and gets this message?

Best regards,
Cynortas

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What version is the app?  If you have 2.7.x then you installed the legacy app on September 4th.  The current Android app is version is 2.9.2.

Cynortas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Google Play Store tells me that my app version is 2.8.0_25778? Perhaps the most current version has not reached Android 4.4.2 yet?

Google Play Store also tells me that "if you had our previous app ("Arlo Legacy"), your account and camera settings will automatically transfer over when you sign in to this app (version 2.8)." Meaning that this is Arlo's new app. The name of this app is indeed "Arlo", not "Arlo Legacy". I suspect that the most recent version has not come to my phone yet? I hope that my phone is supported after September 30th.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cynortas wrote:

Google Play Store tells me that my app version is 2.8.0_25778?

2.8 is the new app, but not the most recent version.

Check the current version you are running in the app (selecting "settings" and then "about" )  Mine shows 2.9.2_25930.

Cynortas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. The "About" section in the app says that my version is 2.8.0_25778, so that is the same version. Now is October, and the app has not stalled yet, so hopefully it will continue not doing so and the orange box in the upper part of the app saying that "this is an older version of the Arlo app" will disappear. Let's see. Thanks for your help. I will let you know if something does not go as expected.