Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station communication to cameras constantly failing to communicate on 1.12.2.4_2772

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MINTYyork
Tutor
Tutor

I have read many chats on here about failing cameras on the new firmware. I am experiencing similar issues where the cameras sync fine and fr a few minutes you can see that they're active. However they time out and the base station LED says no cameras attached. Power and Internet lights all good but the camera light is on and off constantly and especially when you try to view a camera. We have had it for a couple of years trouble free but the new firmware is shocking.

I note on one of the forums it's fixed -- I don't think so hence starting a new thread. I'm about to ditch it in favour of more reliable and less expensive equipment but I thought I would give Arlo chance to resolve this before I purchase 3 more cameras.

Firmware version: 1.12.2.4_2772

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MINTYyork
Tutor
Tutor

It would seem a new Firmware release over night has resolved the issues fr camera connections. I can't tell you what the firmware version is as the device no longer allows me to see the system tab in the online account (greyed out). However it is now called a FALCON_NSP_P1.06 when you go the -- About\ Version

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
esprit32
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issues,  I have reset entire system twice (total pain because I have to take down all the cameras, resync them and put them back up,)  I worked for a while (like 2 days) the second time one camera decided it would not sync no matter how many times I have tried (so I have an expensive paperweight) and now registering all cameras are offline again. I am anxiously waiting to see if anyone gives you a good answer.  I tried to live chat but it says not available and I can't find an email.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi MINTYyork and esprit32,

If you're having problems where your Arlo cameras aren't communicating to the Base Station, try reading this article to see how you can troubleshoot: My Arlo wire-free camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

If you're still experiencing issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link, which will provide a live chat (below it, you'll see "Please create an online case here" if you prefer email) or phone number.

MINTYyork
Tutor
Tutor

We are an IT MSP company and Netgear partner - so we have already read everything that ARLO provides as tech articles. All the troubles started following the latest firmware update. At present it's indicating that cameras are connected but the light won't stay on long. Shocking and despite many years of trouble free use I would have to say it's an expensive system that is no longer fit for purpose. The last topic of this nature had more than 70 responses so I do feel it's a firmware issue that's not altogether built right.

As my system is beyond the first 12 months support are unlikely to talk to me even if we are a Netgear partner.

If anyone at Arlo can update all of us on when they plan to release a fix on their firmware then it may go some way to de-stressing the situation. At this moment the cameras going on and off and especially if you try to access the live images is very frustrating.

To clarify:

Base station LEDs  from left to right - Power LED - Green / Internet LED- Green and flashes occasionally / Camera LED - Green at the moment but randomly goes off. If you try to stream from a camera it generally disconnects and the light goes out. When I triggered the cameras this morning (scheduled out of hours recording) the Arlo (3rd LED) went OFF. It's as though the Base unit can't handle the data packets when triggered to record or display.

I have re synchronised the cameras several times to no avail. Occasionally and for a few seconds it does work, but very rarely.

I have also purchased new batteries that are ARLO certified for the cameras and this has made no difference. 

All firmware's are the latest versions.

I have also taken this away from any firewall or filtered broadband and put them straight out to the internet - no change - but then I didn't expect that to make a difference as the LEDs would indicate that it's a base station communication issue with the cameras.

I have ordered a new camera to see if I can prove a camera fault - but I doubt that would be the issue as I have 2 cameras both not communicating with the base station well.

MINTYyork
Tutor
Tutor

It would seem a new Firmware release over night has resolved the issues fr camera connections. I can't tell you what the firmware version is as the device no longer allows me to see the system tab in the online account (greyed out). However it is now called a FALCON_NSP_P1.06 when you go the -- About\ Version