Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

wireless cam offline only in android app

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
T-boy
Tutor
Tutor

Just updated to the new app. Have 7 basic Arlo wireless. All working fine except... this 1 cam keeps showing as Offline only on the Android app. On my iPad and via browser on PC it shows Online and works fine. So why just this 1 cam on Android app? Phone is a Galaxy S7 Edge if that helps. Seen similar discussions here but not viable solution or reason.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
T-boy
Tutor
Tutor

Update: so this morning a different wireless cam was showing Offline everywhere - even tho it was working fine yesterday and had fresh set of batts. Did a re-sync and now working again. So also did a re-sync with the one showing as Offline on Android but nope still same issue. Additionally the base stations now intermittently and briefly appearing as Offline!

Guess I'm experiencing some of the bugs I've been reading SO many complaints about... come on Arlo get it together! I was such a big proponent of yours and got some of my friends to install at their homes and now they're complaining too. Lately I've been augmenting my system with Ring products with no issues. Well guess which way I'm going to expand in the future if this keeps up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
T-boy
Tutor
Tutor

Update: so this morning a different wireless cam was showing Offline everywhere - even tho it was working fine yesterday and had fresh set of batts. Did a re-sync and now working again. So also did a re-sync with the one showing as Offline on Android but nope still same issue. Additionally the base stations now intermittently and briefly appearing as Offline!

Guess I'm experiencing some of the bugs I've been reading SO many complaints about... come on Arlo get it together! I was such a big proponent of yours and got some of my friends to install at their homes and now they're complaining too. Lately I've been augmenting my system with Ring products with no issues. Well guess which way I'm going to expand in the future if this keeps up!