Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Hdg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Anyone know what the LATEST r7000 Arlo-compatible firmware is?  Best i can find is R7000-V1.0.6.54_1.2.3.chk

31 REPLIES 31
AZArloUser
Star
Star

I'm wondering if you ran into the same problem as I did - installed latest Netgear firmware (1.0.7.2_1.1.93) and it removed the Arlo settings.  Now all cameras are offline...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1.0.6.54 is the latest beta with Arlo support.  I monitor https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk?topic-zoom=... to see if new firmware has been released.  I also ask the Arlo question before installing any new release since there's been discontinuity in releases.

Hdg
Apprentice
Apprentice
I purchased an r7000 with the newest firmware and had to downgrade to 1.0.6.54. Netgear support called me back and confirmed it is the latest with arlo support.
AZArloUser
Star
Star

Thanks for the info everyone!  I've downgraded and got my cameras back online.  They should really have a better way to manage these firmware pushes and/or either drop or fully support Arlo...

hansandreasson
Tutor
Tutor

I had the exact same problem! Upgraded the firmware and all support for my Arlo cam dissapered.  😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read this thread?  The link to the latest Arlo-capable beta firmware is above.  Do not upgrade your firmware without verification that it support Arlo.  I post every time there's a new compatible firmware or monitor it yourself here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk?topic-zoom=...

hansandreasson
Tutor
Tutor

Has any one heard a date when they will get the support back for Arlo? Strange that they just removes functions like that.  😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There IS Arlo support but only in beta firmware.  Why this has been such a problem is unknown although it appears to be an issue with 2.4GHz connectivity when Arlo support is added.  The updates have been painfully slow with no ultimate resolution in sight.  There's been a lot of complaints on the R7k firmware threads about this, even without Arlo.  AT least that side has been addressed. 

dieter_itt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Would you mind to send me this firmware file?

Einrich
Guide
Guide
Removing Arlo in the latest firmware sucks. It makes me feel ripped off. I just invested in the system and can't keep the firmware current because the firmware cripples my Arlo investment. I don't understand how Netgear can do this to its flagship products. Pissed.
samgamb
Tutor
Tutor
I am not happy which Im sure there is alot of people feeling the same way with the frimware V1.0.7.2_1.1.93 that ended up dropping arlo
Without any idea until you go into R7000 to see it gone now I have no cameras is there a fix to this problem if I would have known this I would have Never updated it
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

dieter_itt wrote:

Would you mind to send me this firmware file?

I somehow missed this message.  There are a few things for me to mention here:

1) You can download the latest beta firmware from my Dropbox account (the thread on the Netgear NightHawk firmware forum has been removed):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4960473/R7000-V1.0.6.54_1.2.3.chk

Reset the router, flash this firmware and reset again.  Set up the router as if new. Do not use backed up settings files - start fresh.

2) You can monitor the firmware forum for yourself to see if/when new firmware has shown up here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk?topic-zoom=...

3) Do NOT update your firmware if prompted until you know that it supports Arlo.  I monitor and post in the forum just mentioned to make sure that a new release does or does not support Arlo and will make announcements here, too.

mdhdinsd
Initiate
Initiate

This sucks!! Hope they are workink hard on adding it back.....

hansandreasson
Tutor
Tutor

I totally agree! I bought my camara and everyting worked fine for several montch. Suddenly ALL SUPPORT is removed.  😞  😞

Arlo and Netgear, PLEASE RESPOND, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE THE SUPPORT FOR ALRO BACK????

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They have released a couple of betas that do support Arlo - see the link for download above.  However, when a production release will be available, I have no idea.

thegoods99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wonder if it has anything to do with the ARLO Factory Reset Vulnerability? Bummer, but I will run latest firware and find a different camera solution. It seems like a bogus, but Netgear obviously has concerns to remove the functionality.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's my understanding that a production release will include Arlo eventually.  Just can't say when.

Einrich
Guide
Guide

Thank you for all your replies - I'll just say that for a big market leading company - Branding an expensive Router as ARLO compatible, and then allowing the sale of other expensive cameras as a good and normal security investment, and then pulling the plug on the two - is neither consumer friendly, nor security minded.

As such - I would suggest that Netgear provides a FREE ARLO base to all customers suffering from this issue. Yes it's costly, but it's like a recall for a car. Sometimes mistakes are made, and then - commercially - the best way to go forward is to make your clients happy.

I still believe that R7000 flagship + Arlo makes sense. But I also want to maintain the best drivers that I can for my machines. This said - if that's no longer in the business plans of Netgear - then the company should compensate, those like us - who trusted it.

No?

My suggestion - please send us an ARLO base system to customers with R7000 & ARLOs so that we can move forward on this.

incarvr6
Tutor
Tutor

This is it, eather free base station or full refund for cameras!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could always try asking nicely through support instead of demanding. I doubt it will help, though.

incarvr6
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah only problem that there is no contact email available for UK custumers!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Tried the other methods?
carlsez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've searched the link provided, but can't find a link to download FW 1.0.6.54.  I'm running 1.0.6.40 and would like to keep Arlo capability. Is anybody able to provide a download link for 1.0.6.54? Much appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not available from Netgear because support has been dropped completely.  I would strongly suggest using the base station since both the router and the Arlo firmware are VERY old and will never be updated.  I switched back to the base when they announced the dropping of support.

If you really want to hurt yourself, here's a link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4960473/R7000-V1.0.6.54_1.2.3.chk