Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Keeps asking to trust the browser. Then mentions "device limit" error no matter what browser I use.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pizza494
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I just started having the same issue from my work computer. It always asked me if I should trust the browser and I always said yes for some reason it doesnt remember from day to day so I having to keep trusting it. Then just this week it started giving me the same error. Ive reached my device limit. No matter what browser I use it gives me the same error. Any help would be appreciate because the only reason I've had arlo for the past 10 yrs is because of the browser access and now if it doesnt work there is no point in spending so much money for their product. Any help would be appreciated in fixing this browser device limit error after I select trust in my browser.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I saw this for a little while.

You should be able to log in by not trusting the browser.  After I did that for a few days, the problem resolved for me.

pizza494
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for the reply. Clicking on not trusting doesnt do anything, I keep clicking it and the only button that lights up when I click is trust. Also I only have one trusted device in my account which is my cell so not sure why its even giving me this error.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pizza494 wrote:

Also I only have one trusted device in my account which is my cell so not sure why its even giving me this error.

I think that what is happening is that the browser becomes a hidden trusted "device" when you choose trust. And that for some reason you have too many of these hidden devices.  At least that's my mental model of the process.

I'm tagging @JamesC to make sure that Arlo mods see this thread.  They might have some other suggestions.

pizza494
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appreciate the assistance in tagging the Arlo Mod. Yea its so weird was working fine and all of the sudden I started getting this device limit error using the web. I cleared my cache in all the browsers but that didnt do anything. I feel like because my work computer is asking me to trust everyday it got hung up somewhere on my account. I also havent gotten any Arlo app updates in like 4 weeks. Arent they supposed to be updating or something. I mean all my other apps on my phone update tons but not Arlo.

But not being able to access my account through the web is a big issue and this device limit reached doesnt even make sense. You should be able to trust your browser as many times as needed to login. Appreciate it all the help.

dcfox1
Master
Master

I noticed when I trusted my browser I usually use then went to another browser later in the day and trusted that when I went back to the original browser I had to trust again the same day. Not sure if it is supposed to work like that or not.