Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Just bought a VMK3500

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
veener79
Luminary
Luminary

I just picked up the VKM3500 set.  It was a great Amazon prime deal for $525.  I reserched Arlo before buying.  Just did not think I would get everything I wanted all at once.  Thought I would start with 2 or 3 and work up.  

First is there a manual I can download to read up install before it gets delivered?  I am having a hard time finding this for some reason.  

I see the range of a camera is about 300feet for the base with ideal condisions.  How can you tell if you are close to being out of range?  

I am guessing the magnetic mounts you only want to realy use if the cameras are high around the house so the camers do not get stolen?  

Thanks for helping a noob out.  This is my first camera system.  Just have not found answers to these in my searching .  

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I see the range of a camera is about 300feet for the base with ideal condisions.  How can you tell if you are close to being out of range?  

300 ft is under best conditions just like normal wifi... The cameras do have signal strength icons like a phone so during placement you can check that.

Thru my house out to the backyard i managed to get a max of 175ft...YMMV depending on what the signal goes thru

I am guessing the magnetic mounts you only want to realy use if the cameras are high around the house so the camers do not get stolen?

Yes, if close to ground I would use a screw in mount .... Netgear cams use a standard camera threaded mount hole so almost any camera mount will fit ( even then, they steal cars too )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------