Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

It doesn't matter what mode I use, arm away, arm home, standby, I continually get alerts for all movement.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
_TJ
Initiate
Initiate

I regretfully upgraded the mobile app with the new upgrade.

It doesn't matter what mode I use, arm away, arm home, standby, I continually get alerts for all movement. I get soooooooooo many notifications in an hour it is driving me mad.

What do I do?

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@_TJ wrote:

What do I do?

What cameras do you have?

_TJ
Initiate
Initiate

Hello

Arlo  Pro 3 Floodlight

Arlo Essential VMC 2030 x 4

Therese

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@_TJ wrote:

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight

Arlo Essential VMC 2030 x 4

Are you getting constant notifications on all these cameras?  Or just one?

Also, are you using a base/smarthub, or are the cameras all connected directly to your home wifi?

jeffkeiser13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I use a base to connect my devices and have a number of different devices connected. Arlo Pro, Essential Spotlight and I'm getting constant notifications on all of them, even when i set to Arm Home where I have disabled most of the cameras. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jeffkeiser13 wrote:

I am having the same issue. I use a base to connect my devices and have a number of different devices connected. Arlo Pro, Essential Spotlight and I'm getting constant notifications on all of them, even when i set to Arm Home where I have disabled most of the cameras. 

What base station model do you have?  (Look for a VMBxxxx label on it).

jeffkeiser13
Aspirant
Aspirant

VMB4000

jeffkeiser13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Vmb4000

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jeffkeiser13 wrote:

VMB4000

Ok.

Normally I'd suggest doing a factory reset of the base.  But there is an issue at the moment where many users have said they cannot add the base back to their account after doing that.  So for now, I am recommending that you NOT do a reset.

I am tagging the mods - @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN - in case they have other suggestions.