Need for new invitation code after logging out

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DJB1
Follower
Follower

I was given access to a subscriber's camera via an invitation code. It seems that I would need to leave my pc on 24/7 to retain access,  since after logging out and logging back in, a new code is required. Is this standard?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DJB1 wrote:

I was given access to a subscriber's camera via an invitation code. It seems that I would need to leave my pc on 24/7 to retain access,  since after logging out and logging back in, a new code is required. Is this standard?

Some confusion here.

When you accepted the invitation, you created an Arlo account.  The code you are talking about is used for two-factor authentication.  It's not about "retaining access", it is needed to log into the Arlo account.

You can tell the browser to trust, which will allow you to login for about 7 days without needing a new authentication code.  However, that assumes you aren't rebooting the PC - after you do that, you generally will need to get a new code.

Your other option is to put the app on your phone, and log in there.  The phone can be permanently trusted, so no two-factor codes are needed.