Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Allansutton
Aspirant
Aspirant

So i have recently installed the arlo cameras and went on holiday - I came back to see the cameras were offline due to my internet going down. I have since reinstalled a new router and am getting internet to the base station, which is indicated via green light. however my cameras will not sync to the station. I performed a reset of the base station (reset & sync button) and also removed the batteries from my cameras and tried to resync.

I press the button on the base station until the sync light flashes then on the cameras but i only get an amber light glow for about 2 secs (not blinking) then it turns off. When i open the back of the cameras and close the battery compartment i get a blue light glow for a second then it goes off. sometimes nothing happens at all. This is on ALL 4 of my cameras.

Now surely the batteries havent run out after only 4 weeks of installation?!?! Can anybody shed any light on what I can try next?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The first thing off the top of my head is when you came home and reset the base unit and THEN the cameras.

Sometimes when the base is reset, it will auto-resync the cameras or try to send a FW update... if the cameras were open during the process the sw may have been corrupted...

Second , make sure it's only a PUSH on the base sync button, not a push-hold ( which puts the base into another mode ).

After this, I'd think you should contact Netgear directly as they can read some of the systems logs to make a better diagnosis.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Allansutton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there.

It seems the issue is more to do with the cameras not able to sync than something with the base station. The stiation sync light flashes as its suppoed to after one short press of the sync button but the cameras are doing nothing. 

Allansutton
Aspirant
Aspirant

No other suggestions guys?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

contact Netgear for a trouble ticket

Morse is faster than texting!
BrianL
Master
Master

Hi Allansutton,

Had the same problem with one my cameras and everything is okay now after I replace the batteries.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team