Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Email Notification.. Is it Accurate?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

One of my cameras just suddenly went from Green full bars to 1-red bar and got an email notification that I have 14% left.. Is this accurate? When I opened and moved around the battery inside, All of a sudden I'm back to Green 2-bars... It's been about a little over 2-Months.. This particular camera does get a lot of activity so I can understand it will drain the battery a bit faster than the other 3-cameras.. I did move and trade places to other cameras that has less activity to make the battery last until I get replacement.. 

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, I would say if your running the OEM cells , its pretty accurate.  When you get that 15% message , it a good time to get ready to change them out.

The reason why the battery indicator prob went up to 2 bars is the locations of the cells have changed.  I've seen more than once certain location cells drain a bit faster than the other. Rotating them has prob increase the visible voltage and thereby a higher reading.

OEM cells are available local tho you can get them cheaper on like ebay... Not to mention the rechargeables come in a little over $2 apiece and will run at least 35 + days and cand be charge a few hundred cycles ( the ones we tested here avg about 45 days till doa )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy
Thanks Tom.. I ordered the panasonic brand from "battery Junction".. It came out to $1.35 each coz I ordered 50-count free shipping.. I think its almost the same as energizer specs... We'll see how this one lasts..
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
You usually can't go wrong with the Panasonic brand. A lot of batteries are tested against them and there is a reason for that. . .they are just that good!
-Robert
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

JPC wrote:
Thanks Tom.. I ordered thepanasonic brand from "battery Junction".. It came out to $1.35 eachcoz I ordered 50-count free shipping.. I think its almost the same as energizer specs... We'll see how this one lasts..

don't think you'll see any diff between the Panasonic vs energizers... they both rate at about 1500mahr .

I have two cam running on the orig OEM batteries since 2/24 with still full batteries.  Yes , they are low use, just for when I leave the house.... still pretty good usage in my book ( less play , more security type use )

Morse is faster than texting!
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sorry Tom but I beg to differ.  My OEM energizers, with my use, only get 50 to 60 days of use.  

Running SureFires based again on other Forums.  I am not a person to base my results on one person or for that matter one Forum.

SureFires are based on Panasonic cells and they are outlasting the Energizers!

If you would like to start testing different cells that would be great!

-Robert
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

JPC, do your own testing as everyone's mileage may vary.  

If those Panasonics work for you, use them!  Don't base it on us, though what Tom has done and tested is great but if you want to try others and give us your feedback, I believe Tom, I and everyone here will be greatful!

-Robert
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You can check it out this table for other batteries.

[URL=http://s18.photobucket.com/user/rosaljr/media/123Comparison2ATable_zpsq0uu5ti4.gif.html][IMG]http://...

-Robert
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy
@RobertRosal 

Will do and I'll definitely let you guys know when I start using it and do record keeping just like Tom's.. I just got a confirmation of my Panasonic battery order and supposedly this coming Wednesday it should be here.. I can't wait.. One of my 4-cameras is already in red bar..