Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Exede Satellite/Airport Express Installation

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
SirJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I like my first system so much I'm installing another at a remote location where my internet is Exede satellite. The Exede modem has only one ethernet port. It was connected to my Airport Express which also has only one ethernet port. Before buying the second system I brought the first one here, unplugged the Airport Express and plugged in the Arlo base. Everything worked just fine and it sent video to my first account no problem. But because I had to unplug the Airport to get an ethernet port, I bought a Netgear 5-port Fast Ethernet Switch Model FS205v2. Now plugged into the switch is one cable from the modem, one cable to the Airport Express and one cable to the Arlo base station. When I go to set up a new account, it won't let me enter the base station serial number and I get the following message:  "Please make sure your base station is powered on and connected to the internet, and make sure your device is connected to the same WiFi network as the base station. As a last resort, you can reset your base station to factory defaults and try again." I tried resetting and I get the same message. The switch manual suggests I connect it to a port on the router, but of course I can't do that as there is only one port. Is there a work-around, or do I have to buy a $$ Airpprt Extreme with multiple ports? Or can I set up this base station at my other location and then move it back?  So maybe this is just a problem in setting up the account? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

I believe this should work.. 

Exede satellite Modem --> Get a 4-port Router-(A must have -- You can connect your ArloBase/Airport Xpress here) --> Connect Your Netgear Switch-(if 4-port is not enuff, else return it if u can) --> Connect other Devices