Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue with setup

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
bobnils
Follower
Follower

Hi, have just purchased an Arlo 2 camera system.

We do not have a wirless router, I have downloaded the Arlo app on my Iphone 5s.

I have the base station conected to the router and it is connected to the internet, the 2 green lights are showing.  When I tap the new system setup it says please wait detecting your device then goes to a screen and picture saying connect to internet. Nothing else will happen and the base station is connected.

I looked at the wifi setting on the phone and it has picked up netgear but wont let me connect without a password, I have tried the serial number for this but it wont work.

Any ideas???

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
wtpalexander
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi bobnils,

to to set up the system I believe you have to be using a device that is connected to the network the you have plugged the Arlo base station into via ethenet. If this is not a wireless router then you will need to use a device that can be plugged in via Ethernet to the network like a PC. 

Hope this helps! 

Will

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Borrow someone's laptop with an Ethernet cable.  Plug into the router and perform the setup.  Once that's done, you can return the laptop and continue via mobile devices.  You could also take the system to a friend's house to perform the setup and then install it in your house.  It's the setup part that requires the setup computer or mobile device to be on the same network as the base station.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I looked at the wifi setting on the phone and it has picked up netgear but wont let me connect without a password, I have tried the serial number for this but it wont work.

Along with above info, the Arlo network is not accessible as a wifi network ( tho it is there ). The Arlo network is for the cameras to connect to alone.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------