Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

A day without Arlo issues would be like a day without sunshine. Today I walk to my car as normal and I trip 3 cameras as normal. Here's today's issue.  I get the alerts on my phone. Go to the app ( about 15 minutes after alert). Nothing in library, the 3 cameras are still showing as if their still recording and can't stream live video. This daily issue BS is getting old. 

And now now the POS won't let me remotely reboot the base because it thinks it's recording. It's been a half hour. It better not be still recording. I'm not donating anymore money to battery companies because of the flaws in the POS system. 

FIX THIS THING NOW!!!!! 

4 REPLIES 4
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello Netgear are you out there. This is now twice in two days this happens. This is what I have tried to do to fix problem:  

1- reboot base through app can not be done because the POS actually thinks it's recording. Note system mode is " ALL FREAKIN CAMERAS OFF"

2- Pulled plug to manually reboot base. Seemed to fix the issue for 1 day. I should pull the plug once and for all. 

3- called Al Gore to see if global warming has anything to do with the garbage performance of this system lately. He doubts it. 

4- Called NASA, no reports of solar flares that would distrupt the performance of the system. And the axes of the earth is still favorable for basic wifi performance. 

5- Bought a shovel at Home Depot to arrange burial of this system. 

WAKE UP, STOP HANDING US BS AND FIX YOUR PROBLEM. (S)

Warnzie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yep. Im in the same boat mate! Got 3 Cameras and motion works fine and notifies my andorid phone app. Log in and nothing recorded WT? Is frustrating especially when I had someone around my house yesterday and got nothing!! Hope Netgear get this sorted ASAP!

damienburns
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the exact same thing happen over the last week... I've used the system since April 2015, and it's worked FLAWLESSLY... until about a week ago. 

Problem: Notification on my iPhone that motion was detected... but nothing recorded, and nothing in the library on the phone. This happens when I test it... walk in front of the camera... iPhone beeps... "motion detected"... but it doesn't record / save the video anywhere. 

I've rebooted the base station... replaced the batteries in the camera... but still doesn't fix it. 

Anyone (including Netgear) got any solutions to this issue??? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team has isolated the cause and has resolved this issue. A small number of Arlo users in the Asia-Pacific region (including Australia) were affected and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We have taken steps to ensure that this problem does not occur again and added additional monitoring tools that will detect potential issues in the early stages so that user impact is minimized. Your patience in this process has been greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

JamesC