Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is this why everything is offline?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
prahalagu
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, I’ve been dutifully ignoring the notifications to pay Arlo money for a while, only to find that the cameras and base station are all showing as offline. Is this because I’m not paying for cloud service? Base station is a VMB3010r2 cameras are all H7. Had them for a good while now, been working perfectly until now.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@prahalagu wrote:

Is this because I’m not paying for cloud service? 

No.

@prahalagu wrote:

the cameras and base station are all showing as offline. Base station is a VMB3010r2 cameras are all H7. 

Have you tried to do anything to bring them back on line?  (power cycle the base for example)?

What is the status of the base station LEDs?

@prahalagu wrote:

cameras are all H7. 

FYI - "H7" is not a camera model.  The "H" codes are hardware revisions - all cameras models have these revision codes, and they aren't unique (so these codes don't tell us what cameras you have).

There are two ways to tell what camera model you have. 

1. Open the camera and remove the battery.  You'll find a label inside.
  2. Go into the support area of the app, select the camera, and scroll down to the product id.

Option 2 might not work if the cameras are off line.

In your particular case, there is a third option due to the age of your base. It supports only three camera models.  

The original Arlo cameras use 2-4 CR123 batteries, so easy to tell from the other two options.

The Pro and Pro 2 cameras both have square lithium rechargable batteries inside.  They have different bezels:

arlo-pro-vs-arlo-pro-2-1.jpg