Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 96 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
xdreamwalker
Follower
Follower
I have plugged in the Arlo base and have found that it is transmitting its wifi signal on the same channel as my own wifi network. Is it possible to change the channel that Arlo uses?
29 REPLIES 29
ittroll
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nah, having the ability to specify the channel would be much simpler than reconfiguring/rewiring the physical topology of your home network.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Arlo Pro 2 - Because free is best.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, that's not possible so you still have the same choices.

ittroll
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah, but it not ideal and for some not even a viable option. I recommend people vote up the idea to make this configurable.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Wireless-Channel-config-manual-override/idi-p/10...

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Arlo Pro 2 - Because free is best.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As suggested above by ittroll, I encourage those in this discussion that would like to see this feature implemented to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange (the topic linked by ittroll) and provide your support for this idea by adding Kudos. This is the best way to indicate to the development team which ideas are the most necessary/popular.

JamesC

fototx
Star
Star

I voted this up but I am not so sure an issue like this should entirely dependant upon the democratic proecess in order to be addresssed by your product manager.   End users dont know why their cameras wont sync, wont come backonline, demonstrate pixelation et al. Its not a question to the end user of whether a button should be red or green, big or little, placed here or there in an app.  I hope there is some channel selection flexibility built it next round of develpment.  Netgear may find it a useful and efficient troubleshooting tool for first line support as well.