Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 20 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
dsaigalal12
Guide
Guide

Is Arlo a working product? I just purchased a new system and all I get is "Getting Status" on my iphone. It seemed to have worked for first few hours and now dead. Is this product a reliable home security system?

18 REPLIES 18
Dodolah
Star
Star
I purchased it two weeks ago and the cameras are pretty reliable. I have the same issue now and it just started tonight just like yours. I have a feeling that this is an issue with the main website rather than the camera.
Avitia
Guide
Guide
Same thing happened to mine. I tried reseting, turning it off and on and reseting my internet modem. Guess I'm not the only one who's having trouble.
Dodolah
Star
Star
Nah. It's the main system. Let see how fast Netgear can fix this.
Avitia
Guide
Guide
I called support and have been working on hold for 30 min..😲
Dodolah
Star
Star
Let us know what happened.
Avitia
Guide
Guide
I hope they answer 😕
dsaigalal12
Guide
Guide

If it is the main system down, how often does this happen? I am about to use this as my home security setup and need to know reliability. I suppose I should wait till morning before deciding to return the whole unit. Thx for reply.

Avitia
Guide
Guide
I've had it for a month and it was working great until now. Damn and best buy has a 15 day return policy. I hope this isn't a frequent theme.
Dodolah
Star
Star
Got it for about two weeks and a half. It has been very reliable until tonight.
cajunamber
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having trouble with mine as well. I've had it for about 4 months now, tonight is the first night I have issues. Hope they get it resolved soon. I keep seeing "Getting Status"
dsaigalal12
Guide
Guide

Sorry to bug you. But is your unit working now? Mine is still showing :Getting Status.." message.

cajunamber
Initiate
Initiate
No, unfortunately not working yet 😕
Avitia
Guide
Guide
No answer yet, been on hold now for 1hr and 6min
dsaigalal12
Guide
Guide

I would wait till morning to see if they manage a fix.

Avitia
Guide
Guide
So I just got off with an operator and she said they have received a lot a calls with people having the same problem. They don't know what is causing it but the technicians are working to fix it.
dsaigalal12
Guide
Guide
Thank You. Let us hope for an expedited fix.
dsaigalal12
Guide
Guide
Looks like things are normal now. Hope it lasts. Thx everyone.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Over the weekend we experienced an outage that may have affected a small number of users. This was resolved a short time after the outage was discovered and we are investigating the root cause. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

JamesC