Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station not connected to the internet.

Discussion stats
tlernst
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tonight I tried to access my cameras and I received the "Arlo base station not connected to the internet" message on my phone.  I've been using Arlo for a while and never had this happen.  I've made no changes to the settings and the system has been working fine until now.  The message also said to make sure I was connected to my router and I have confirmed this and, in addition, my router is working fine, all other devices conected to the router are working great.  All three lights are green and I have performed a reset with the reset button on the back of the base station.  I have also tried a different port on the router, turned the power off and then back on, and tried a different LAN connection...nothing has corrected this problem.  Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.  I really don't want to deactivate the base station and go through the setup routine again.

29 REPLIES 29
Dodolah
Star
Star
It seems like everyone is having the same issue. It started tonight around 9 pm ish. Gotta be IOS and sever issue.
Jonh113
Star
Star

Oh well guess we will have to wait for arlo support to respond and sort out the issue. Thanks for the responses

rldk
Initiate
Initiate

Having the same issues here.

No issues until today. 

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm glad I checked this site and see it isn't just me. I have been racking my brain. I will wait for arlo to resolve it. I opened a support request for them.
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo should send out an email to customers or at least post a message on their customer portal when they have an outage.
mammothtarm
Star
Star
Same issue here. Can't access my camera.
korn_bo2
Tutor
Tutor

+1 having the same issues... I tried uninstalling the iphone app making sure it was not the app.. then when I reinstall it, it was taking ages to download the app.. so looks like it is a server issue....

aeroxlll
Tutor
Tutor

Just got the 4 cam setup 3 days ago and was loving it till this reliability issue cropped up.......500 for intermittent security, is well, no bueno.

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
I hear ya aeroxill. I've had my system for 6 months and have had no problems until this issue. I'm disappointed thar arlo doesn't get a communication out if they are having server or network issues. It would have saved a lot of us a lot of wasted time not to mention time some if gave to take to set it back up when they are back up since we reset our base stations.
Pharaoh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Basestation Offline. I tried resetting the devices I have the app on, resetting the Basestation, resetting the modem, and resetting router. I even restarted the computer that I use. Nothing worked.
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
Check out the other post. We are all having the same problem. Don't waste your time. The problem appears to be on arlo's server.
Pharaoh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm in the North Eastern part of the country. Just checking to see if this is a regional server probably (if there even is such a thing).
Saback
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here! So disappointing... 

soundful
Aspirant
Aspirant

Must be a server side issue. Not workng since 2 days now. Arlo: give it a go!!!

aeroxlll
Tutor
Tutor

Mid Atlantic here; if they are using a single local sever farm it will effect all users regardless of region.

texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm in California.
Coachsean007
Aspirant
Aspirant

this same issue started at around midnight for me....I really hope it gets fixed soon. I'm not confident about arlo's support and customer service.

zrahui
Aspirant
Aspirant

From Netgear support line in Australia: 
"Arlo is experiencing an outage at the moment, and no technicians are available to assist. please observe the connection within 24 hours"

Well that was a waste of $500.

Pekka15
Tutor
Tutor
I had the same error and the internet led was amber during the fault. However, the cameras stil delivered videos! Strange but good. Now all woks fine again.
Sach
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here.... All lights solid green. But says base station not connected. Checked everything. HopE arlo fixes this asap.
AntFi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im in Hong Kong
same happened here... still unable to connect.
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm in California. Seems to be back up for m3 now.
Sach
Aspirant
Aspirant
It wasn't working in the morning.. But i added back videos from the recycling bin and its working for some reason since then
soundful
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not working here in France. Cannot connect to the internet and the server 😞