Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
IllinoisPete
Tutor
Tutor

I believe there is a software problem with the image flipping ( Inverting) on the latest software. On the camera I have invereted image, the image does flip but it is now a mirror image ( ie. objects are on the opposit side than they should be! This worked correctly in earlier versions( and also works correctly in the VUZONE) versions of the camera...that is why I am saying it is a bug....Any comments?

17 REPLIES 17
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe it just got toggled on in a software upgrade or glich. Miror reverse in a new one tho...

Have you tried toggling the INVERT buton on/off a couple of times?

go to SETTINGS, CAMERA SETTINGS, pick the camera.  Now TOGGLE the INVERT BOTTON and hit SAVE.  Do this a couple times then leave as you need it set and see if it corects itself.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TXE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got the system this weekend and I'm seeing a constant problem with inverted images.  The setting holds for about 12 hours, then reverts-- so everything is upside down.  I can toggle the setting off/on... and it works for another 12 hours or so before reverting back.  Very frustrating.

Dich
Guide
Guide
I too have come across this when using the Invert option on these cameras. I had to jump through hoops to contact Netgear Support about two weeks ago. There still has been no response other than questioning me on what interface and versions of OS I was using.
The issue is definitely with the camera program.
sivasgear
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, not even an hour actually...

IllinoisPete wrote:

I believe there is a software problem with the image flipping ( Inverting) on the latest software. On the camera I have invereted image, the image does flip but it is now a mirror image ( ie. objects are on the opposit side than they should be! This worked correctly in earlier versions( and also works correctly in the VUZONE) versions of the camera...that is why I am saying it is a bug....Any comments?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I tested one of my cameras in an inverted view for the last 24 hrs... maybe not long enough.

Mine didn't revert/reverse.

Have you checked your SW versions? And / or tried sending commands via a different IOS or browser ?

cam should be 1.2.2222

base  1..3.2261

IOS prgm 1.8.0

Android prgm 1.8.0_8259

PC ( firefox used here ) 1.7.6.22_8147

sivasgear
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cam fw (firmware) ver is 1.1.xy... base is 1.3.xy... how do you update cam fw to 1.2? I have already enabled auto updare fw in settings. Thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sivasgear wrote:

My cam fw (firmware) ver is 1.1.xy... base is 1.3.xy... how do you update cam fw to 1.2? I have already enabled auto updare fw in settings. Thanks.

Make sure the Auto-Update is toggled on, like you said.

Go to BASE SETTINGS and hit the RESTART button...  when the base restarts it should do the upadate

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

PS to above ( above will update base );

You can also prompt your cameras to update their firmware version by power cycling the cameras. To upgrade the camera firmware, open the battery door on the bottom of the camera and then close it. The camera powers up and then searches for the latest firmware update.

Dich
Guide
Guide

Okay, so I finally received a responce from Netgear support about this issue.

It seems as though the mirror image problem with the "Invert Image" option for the camera has to do with the interface you use. If you set up your camera using iOS (iPad, iPhone) you get a mirror image. If you set up the camera's "Invert Image" option using a PC or Android interface you don't get the mirror image.

I had to fool around with it a bit before I got it corrected.

1.  Go to "Settings" and select the camera that you have inverted the image on.

2.  Turn off the "Invert Image" option on the camera and save the setting.

3.  Make sure the camera is in its default setting by using the "Position Camera" feature in settings.

4.  Turn on the "Invert Image" option on the camera and save the settings.

5.  Check the image on either "Camera" or "Settings" using the "Position Camera" feature in settings.

TXE
Aspirant
Aspirant

That did the trick!  Thanks much!

TXE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like you were on to the correct answer-- it depends on the interface/browser used to adjust the setting.  For me it finally "stuck" when I set it via my phone (iPhone 5S with iOS8 and Arlo app version 1.8.0.  Haven't had the problem since.

Whtrash
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have three inverted and they keep flipping to default and I have to ce resetting. Please work on this issue.
Dich
Guide
Guide

What interface are you using to setup the cameras?  Is it the Apple iOS, Android or Windows PC?  I found when using my iPad, I was getting a mirrored image when it was inverted.  When using my Android phone or my Windows PC, I don't get the mirrored image when using the inverting feature. I'm not saying it is a cure-all for this issue but you might want to give it a shot.

The other thing is to check the software version of the interface you are using to make sure it is the "Latest and Greatest" I found with my Android phone, sometimes, the application isn't updated automatically.

Hope this helps or atleast gives you something to work with.

RonRichardson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two cameras inverted with the same problem.  I have tried everything suggested without any luck.  I have tried setting them up with iPhone 5S, iPad Air, MacBook Pro, and PC.  

Dich
Guide
Guide

RonRichardson,

From my personal experience, the Apple applications will do you no good for this feature. I found out that there is a glitch in the Apple OS interface that creates a mirrored image when the inverted option is selected. You have to use either a Windows or Android OS device for this particular setting. It took me a couple of tries before it worked correctly. Follow the directions I posted exactly and you'll have a better chance of success (page 1 of this thread).

I hope this helps.

FreestyleBiker
Aspirant
Aspirant
I still can not invert image- can
Anyone help?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You are using the invert setting in Settings, My Devices, your camera and then saving the new setting, right?