Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Elmar2001
Star
Star

Please move to old Firmware and App as soon as possible and make the system work again. A security system that does not work any more after an update is really crap.

You forced me and the community to move to the new app and renewed the firmware of the base station. Now the geofencing is not working any more. It says repeatedly, that the connection to the base station and internet is lost. When I am arriving at home, Arlo does not detect me any more.

Before the system run fine for a long time without problems. So do the customer a favor and go back and give him back a functional system. Immediately.

Thanks. Sorry, I am really angry, because I bought the system for security reasons and spend a lot of money and now it is not working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

A new version of the Arlo mobile app for iOS is now available resolving several issues with Geofencing, please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app installed and take a look at the release notes here: Arlo iOS App - 2.12 - 13th December 2019

View solution in original post

257 REPLIES 257
SaltyScientist
Tutor
Tutor

Echoing above comments. Will someone at ARLO PLEASE address this issue.  There are MULTIPLE posts on this forum regarding this issue.  For me, every time I leave the house I get a notification on my iPhone "internet connection lost, geofencing is unavailable".  This behavior started immediately upon download of the required NEW app.  I waited for an update, which I recently installed (i'm on iOS 13) hoping it would be resolved, but it has NOT. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Elmar2001 and SaltyScientist,

If you're having problems with your Geofencing not working properly, try looking at this article for troubleshooting steps you can take to improve performance for Geofencing: Why isn't the Geofencing mode working?

If you're still having problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

SaltyScientist
Tutor
Tutor

Jessica - thanks, but as I described, this is a new issue for me that occurred with the new app, both pre and post ios13 installation. I reviewed the information in the link and it was not beneficial or applicable.

horhammh
Tutor
Tutor
I have similar problems as well. Connection lost -notifications several times when not at home. In addition to that my Arlo basestation keeps loosing both mine and my wife’s gps position and thus turning on armed mode even when I’m at home. Geofencing says “out of zone“ or “disabled“ when checking the enabled devices list in geofencing. This even though both phones have location services enabled and under Arlo put to “always”. I’m running iOS 13.1.2 for now but this problem occurred already with iOS 12 and began when updated to the new Arlo app and the new basestation firmware. Arlo legacy worked (almost) flawlessly. Now Arlo is next to useless as I mainly use geofencing. Thinking about changing to another system. Sadly I have five cameras which cost me a fortune.
sleggat
Tutor
Tutor

Nothing more to add, but I have exactly the same issue here. Makes the whole system a bit useless if it doesn't arm/disarm automatically.

mszatny
Initiate
Initiate

I've seen this topic in the forum without any resolution..... I just started experiencing this after upgrading my iphone Xs to iOS13.  What happens is this:

- I start out at home and Arlo geofence correctly puts itself in HOME mode

- I leave the house and get a notification "Internet connection is lost. Geofencing in Arlo is unavailable at the moment"

- When I go into the ARLO app, the geofence then correctly puts itself in AWAY mode.

Please, what is resolution?

MS

k55kjt
Initiate
Initiate
Exactly the same issue. Renders the system useless and not meeting trade descriptions law in UK. I suggest arlo provide a fix asap.
1low56
Tutor
Tutor

I started having issues with Geofencing not working with either the update to IOS 13 or the update to the new Arlo App.

When I leave the zone I started getting "Internet Connection lost" notices and that GeoFencing would not work. I also noticed that my Geofencing would not recognize when I leave the zone until I opened up the app on my iPhone. It is running in the background but doesn't know that I've left the zone until I bring it up. Once I reopen the app it knows that I'm outside the zone and puts it into "away" mode. I've reinstalled the app and no luck. I rebooted and no luck. For some reason the App isn't recognizing that I've left the zone unless I open the app. Location services for Arlo are turned on to "Always"

Notes:

1. iPhone XS OS 13.1.2

2. Arlo Pro 2 Firmware: 1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a

Hardware: VMB4000r3

App Version: 2.9.1 (1134)

mrl4214
Tutor
Tutor

I am also getting same issue on iOS 13, always location permission, and iPhone 11 Pro Max

1low56
Tutor
Tutor

Does it work if you open up the app? 

mrl4214
Tutor
Tutor

Yes

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide

Prior to effectively being forced to move to the new app everything worked fine geo fencing armed and disarmed great but now since going over to the new app it doesn’t work automatically any more after leaving the zone I get no notifications at all then after 20 minutes I get a notification stating internet connection lost I then go into the app and it arms but I now have to arm/disarm it manually every time which defeats the object of geo fencing 

/

1low56
Tutor
Tutor

Support isn't working. Geofencing still not working. I tried contacting support but the support email page isn't working.

"Something went wrong, Please contact support team."

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
Work this out if I leave the geofencing area in a car it does not arm yet when I took the grandson for a walk yesterday and went outside the geofencing area it suddenly armed it self and when I reentered the geofencing area it disarmed it self so what’s going on
Elmar2001
Star
Star

Still looses connection and sent messages, does not arm when leaving, does not disarm when entering home (for minutes arlo records and then it disarms). Still not usable and causes unnecessary battery loss when recording. 

iphone xs with latest iOS. Base station updated automatically and latest App. 

please fix it asap. It worked fine before. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is aware about this issue where some users are receiving a message saying "Internet connection is lost. Geofencing in Arlo is unavailable at this moment." We'll update the community when we hear any new information or update regarding this.

1low56
Tutor
Tutor

I think it has to do with Bluetooth. I disabled Bluetooth before coming home in the car and it went into Home mode like it is supposed to, when I got there. I still need to test when leaving but I think that is the issue. Try disabling Bluetooth when entering and leaving your zone to see if that helps. I'll update later.  

1low56
Tutor
Tutor

Well I think I found the issue. I disabled the use of BlueTooth by Arlo and it seems to be working.

iPhone Setting -> Arlo -> Disable Bluetooth

Can others verify if it works for you?

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
Have done the same will let you know tomorrow if that helps
mrl4214
Tutor
Tutor

This has been happening for months 

Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
Not with me this has only started when having to switch to the new app,prior to that it worked fine
Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
Disabled Bluetooth in app still doesn’t set also tried disabling Bluetooth altogether and no joy I have to ask if it ain’t broke why fix it which is what’s happening with the new app people have spent a lot of money on this system so fix it
SaltyScientist
Tutor
Tutor
I can report that the above bluetooth solution has worked for me. Went out last night and this morning and it worked like it used to before this new app was released, with no error message. Settings>Arlo>Bluetooth toggled off. Only change I made.
Rwf3820
Guide
Guide
Which system you on Android or iPhone