Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Installing Arlo Camera on exterior of Motorhome

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
dd5087
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just received Arlo cameras for Christmas and I am installing these in a motorhome.  The camera I want to install on the exterior of the motorhome will be mounted on an aluminum exterior surface and I don't want to drill holes in this surface.  Can you recommend a weatherproof double sided tape for this installation? Obviously I will be removing the exterior camera when I travel.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The best double stick tape I've seen is 3M molding tape ( made for car trim on sides ) at most auto stores

The roll is about 1/2 " wide and I've covered the entire back of a ball mount then trimed it neat... wipe down the attachment area with alcohol so it's clean of any grease, etc and make sure it's above 50d F- (check label) ( if cold can warm the metal with hairdryer ).  Attach and let sit for day then use if directed.

To remove mount ( camera off before driving , mount alone should be fine when driving ) you take dental floss and "saw" the tape in half then clean area with tape remover ( goo-be-gone or similar ).

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
dd5087
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, just what I was looking for.