Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rexdex
Follower
Follower

I bought an Arlo doorbell camera and a few Arlo Pro camera's and a monthly subscription for 2 of them for 2.79  euro/month. Everything works fine, I am happy with it. Now the price increases to 3.99 euro/month per camera. The reason behind it according to Arlo is that it is because of new features. It is a whopping 43% price increase for something I didn't ask for and I don't need. It is just an excuse to increase the price. At least give people the option to choose those new features.  I feel cheated because I just bought them and now the subscribtion price increases 43%!!!! This feels like a scam and I can't just quit it because I already have the camera's. Shame on you Arlo. I had a very positive image of Arlo, now I think I will never buy Arlo again. Not for those few euro's but because of a shameless price increase with the lamest of excuses. Good camera, very untrustworthy company. 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rexdex,

It’s Arlo’s mission to provide customers with the best possible value and experience. Customers have enjoyed the same pricing on subscription plans since 2014. In order for Arlo to continue driving innovation and offering new security features and enhancements like package detection, Emergency Response service, support for unlimited cameras, smoke/CO detection, and more, some customers will experience a minimal price change to Arlo Secure subscriptions.  

You can read more about the price increase here: https://kb.arlo.com/000063015/Arlo-Secure-Plan-Pricing-Update-February-2-2023

JamesC

AndyWhit
Aspirant
Aspirant

that is not a reasonable answer.  The price increase is hitting loyal customers hard at a time when the cost of living is creating a lot of anxiety for everyone.   We do not get a 40% pay increase.  Please reconsider your approach.  If people want the new features then yes ask them to pay for it. Otherwise for those that don’t then provide the same facility at an inflation level increase of say 10%.  That would be reasonable.   The Arlo approach is in reasonable and uncaring.   

Mavrrick
Luminary
Luminary

I think it is time we speak with our wallets then their forums. Any sugestion that this is ok because we have had the same prices since 2014 is completely bull. The prices we had in 2014 was free 7 day storage. That was taken away a while ago. The plans have changed a few time between 2014 through 2022 and generally the price was maintained for 2k below cameras and 4k had a premium. Now all they have done is raise everyone to the 4k premium and forced us on to plans to pay for their security system. Don't fool yourself into thinking that isn't part of this. It is probably to bolster statistics about the Security system subscribers. I will be looking into replacing my Video Doorbell and moving onto other devices in the near future. Long live Blue Iris.