Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Infrared Mode or Problem?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Methman
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera went out and had an orange light flashing from the camera itself.  The error message in the app said it was offline.  I didn't think it was the batteries because they weren't low, but when I took them out and put them back in the camera wouldn't come back on.  I changed batteries and it came back on with this strange color.  I tried the infrared trick and put a bright light in front, but it didn't fix it.  Any thoughts?  

I guess I can always just reset it.  Thanks for your help!

image.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The flashing amber LED indicates low battery.  Guess the automatic low battery email didn't get sent to alert you.

The few things you can try to resolve the IR filter issue are:

1) Remove the camera from Settings and try resyncing it.

2) Turn night vision off, save, and back on, save.

3) Open and close the battery door.

4) Cautiously but firmly try hitting the camera on various sides with your hands to jar the filter loose.

5) Create a trouble ticket for possible RMA.

Methman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response and options to correct the problem, but they didn't work. I think you are right about the lens not retracting.

It appears this is a known issue, so I am disappointed it hasn't been permanantly fixed.  I've recommend these cameras to so many people too...

How do I contact Arlo to fill out an RMA?

Can I do it online?

Thanks again for the help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Support link at the top here, then Contact Support on the right side. Lots of options.

Methman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you!