Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Immediate notification from Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kengail
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 3 Arlo cameras set up.  Is it possible to received immediate notification on my iPhone when motion is detected?  I do get an email alert, but may not look at my email until later and then it may be too late.

We also have a Ring video doorbell which actually does alert me immediately when motion is detected or the ring doorbell is pushed.

I think I have tried everything but nothing works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Edit your modes and enable push notifications. If the phone settings for the app are allowed, push notifications will come immediately.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Edit your modes and enable push notifications. If the phone settings for the app are allowed, push notifications will come immediately.
Kengail
Aspirant
Aspirant

That was it!!!! I changed the settings on my phone and it worked, just like our RING!!!!!

Thanks sir.

Marcorossiswe
Tutor
Tutor

What about a call notification or at least a "ringtone" notification instead? "IFTTT call" works only with US numbers and to me it is totally useless to have just mail or push notification if something would happen during night. I will not wake up to check my phone every push notificaiton I get during night...come on ARLO, be serious...many customers ask for that!

PS: geofencing is not working at all 😕

MarkDy8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used to receive immediate notification until new app installed in January.  What settings did you change on your phone to allow immediate notification?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are your cameras in Arlo Smart?

MarkDy8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have arlo pro.  Is that a setting in the app?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo Smart is a paid subscription. Check your subscription and see if you have Smart. If so, check Manage and Notifications in the Smart section of Settings.