Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Jmiller310
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just changed the batteries to a camera for the first time and now, all of the sudden, all images are with a pink tint. How do I resolve?
10 REPLIES 10
Jmiller310
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Jmiller310 wrote:
I just changed the batteries to a camera for the first time and now, all of the sudden, all images are with a pink tint. How do I resolve?

If it just happened during a battery change, Re-pull the batteries.

Place them back in and check again... if this cam continues to stay "pink", contact Netgear

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Jmiller310
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the response. I actually just "disarmed" the camera for a minute and that fixed the issue.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jmiller310,

If you continue to see this issue. Please contact the Arlo Support Team for further investigation.

JamesC

JAMANA
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem pink picture
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JAMANA,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

FrustratedArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had this issue before and now it is back again. My camera image is showing and recording a pink tinted image. Obviously not true color. I have tried replacing the batteries, same problem. Everything is washed out in pink. Arlo/Netgear replaced the camera and was fine for almost a year but now pink image is back. It is either a software issue or mechanical/physical issue where a camera component or board is degrarding over time. Some now I am frustrated again.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FrustratedArlo,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

chenyifu
Aspirant
Aspirant

After weekly rains lately, I found one of the ARLO camara started recording pink pictures.  I called support and following instructions and removed the camara from online (going to Device, find the camera and click on Remove).  Then I removed the batteries.  After the batteries were removed, I found a water leak dirt line inside the camera lid.  Obviously rain water got inside.  I cleaned the dirt out - couldn't wipe clean all because some went underneath the battery lid.  Other than that, no damages were found in the battery compartment.  I put the batteries back in, synced to the base, and looked online at the pictures - they were normal.  But went I went outside and placed the camera on the mount, the pink pictures returned.  Could it be that the mounting hole was where the rain water passed through and still damp?  I am not sure.  But I kept looking at the pictures, and as time went on, the pink hue became less and less.  This evening I looked at the pictures again, everything returned to normal.  I did find the camara lid hard to open, the tiny little botton to slid the lid open is a pain and need to slid it to one side while pulling the lid back is just almost impossible.  Also, the water leaking issue is a problem.  Other than that, the cameras are great, the pictures are super clear, and catch activities diligently! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that you're not closing the battery door properly - I've done it.  However, that likely isn't the cause of the pink hue which is a hardware issue with the IR filter getting stuck.  Open a case with support.