Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
pat49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Image dark all cameras day and night. It's not an outdoor light problem. I have reset the base unit and all cameras and the images are still dark.  Is this because I am no longer have a subscription? I can't remember how long this has been going on and and i had to reboot my base unit almost every two weeks.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you changed the brightness setting for each camera? For the web, use live view and then click on the "sun" icon (be sure to save the setting). For the app, it's in the camera video settings.

Are the cameras indoors or out (seems like they're outside)? Maybe a screenshot or two would help.

pat49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using Chrome, Clicked on Live, getting A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required. Please install the latest Version from here. Clicked here, nothing happens. At top, saw the word:  Plug in blocked.

ARLO SUPPORT:

• You can fix this by changing Chrome's settings.  Go to Privacy and Security, Content Settings, Flash
    • Content Settings not Found

Using Internet Explorer, clicked on Live, Please wait………..  No Response.

Using Edge, clicked on Live, getting A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required. Please install the latest Version from here. Clicked here, nothing happens. At top, saw the word:  Plug in blocked.

Cleared cache for IE, disk clean regular & Clean up system files. Restarted PC & rebooted Arlo base station. Chrome Settings, cleared browsing data.

Privacy and Security;         Site Settings;            Camera;         Allow;             Flash: Block changed to Allow

3/24/2020:  Reset all Chrome site settings, Camera disappeared. Click on Live, now working

Oops, today 03/25/2020, back to square one.   I am still getting A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required for all 3 browsers.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pat49 wrote:

Using Chrome, Clicked on Live, getting A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required.

The correct instructions for Chrome are

1. Navigate to my.arlo.com
  2. Click on the padlock in the address bar and enable flash (setting it to "allow")
  3. Click on reload when that prompt appears
  4. log in

pat49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Completed today for the 2nd time. Still getting A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required. Please install the latest version. NIght Vision is still dark.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi pat49,

In regards to the night vision looking dark, could you provide a screenshot as jguredat mentioned above?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I'm unable to see the link that you have provided. You can share the link by clicking on the video of your recording > Share > Copy Link. And then paste your link to share.

Or you can share a picture of your recording.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the video. Have you tried removing the battery from your camera to see if that may help?

pat49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, constantly because the Base Unit keeps having problems keeping the cameras working.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate the issue you're experiencing. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.