Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I’m trying to cancel my subscription

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FUArloSupport
Follower
Follower

My experience with ARLO was ok for the first couple of years, but the change to online support by ARLO was a huge mistake.  I had a floodlight camera that stopped working and would not reconnect.  My adjacent (18”) ARLO camera was able to connect and had no issues.  The online support went in an endless repeat loop.  I removed the spotlight camera and replaced with a SimpliSafe outdoor spotlight camera.  I had issues with the SimpliSafe camera but, unlike ARLO, was able to quickly reach the human support staff and get the issues resolved.  Today, I received a low battery notification on my remaining ARLO camera—after replacing the batteries two weeks ago and having a library of 20 photos in the interim.  Instead of wasting my time trying to contact ARLO support, I decided to cancel the remaining camera subscription.  I checked the website and there was no obvious option to cancel, so I called, and am discovering that ARLO’s customer service apparently has adopted the same model as customer support—I was told I actually could now speak to a person in customer support—but I declined and said I wanted to cancel—I was then told I needed to log in and be instructed on how to cancel my existing subscription.  I pointed out that I had ALREADY spent time trying that, and wasn’t inclined to spend MORE time, and that was the reason I had called to cancel, I was out on hold.  After roughly ten minutes on hold, I was told my subscription was canceled effective the end of this month.  I hope other ARLO customers  have a better customer experience than I have had with ARLO.

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master

You may want to consider having your credit card provider block arlo from charging you any new subscriptions. It would be disappointing to have the monthly charges continue after you put in the effort to have them cancel your subscription.