Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I keep receiving duplicate notifications for each camera in the app. How do i stop this?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MJ11717
Aspirant
Aspirant
I keep receiving duplicate push notifications for each camera in the app. How do i stop this? I've checked every setting, I've restarted, I've refreshed, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I've checked the forums. I can't be the only one that's had this problem?
5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @MJ11717,

What phone device are you using? Have you tried disabling the notifications and re-enabling it again to see if that helps? 

MJ11717
Aspirant
Aspirant
I guess they assume everyone that has an Android has a Samsung branded phone. I don't. None of this worked for me. All it did was give me 6 extra notifications per camera and waste an hour of my time.

I have a Moto G6. Anyone care to help me before I pull my hair out???
MJ11717
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a Moto G6, Android system. I've tried everything, including uninstalling and reinstalling. All it did was give me 6 extra notifications per camera and waste an hour of my time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Here's what has worrked for me on multiple devices (Nexus 6 and Pixel 3 XL):

Force stop the app and clear both cache and data. Uninstall the app. Turn off Google backup in the phone settings. Reboot the phone. Reinstall the app. Turn backups on.

Are you able to perform all steps?