Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Irishlassie7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have geofencing turned on when I leave and off when I come home.  I want  to keep my front door camera on ALL the time, regardless if I am home or not.  Possible?

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Irishlassie7 wrote:

I have geofencing turned on when I leave and off when I come home.  I want  to keep my front door camera on ALL the time, regardless if I am home or not.  Possible?

Yes. Investigate the use of modes and rules.

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

Create a mode for "Home" and then write rules that tell your front door camera to stay on ALL the time.

Then edit your Geofencing mode so that your Home Mode rule tells Arlo to keep the front door camera on ALL the time.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Irishlassie7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, very helpful, but it doesn't appear that you can change the rules for geofencing. Am I reading it correctly?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

The rules for geofencing are Home Mode and Away Mode.

You can edit the Home Mode so that it uses one of the other modes that you have created. In your case, the rule that controls your door camera.

Arlo StagingArlo Staging

Set the appropriate mode as the Home Mode.

I am doing this with the Arlo App on an Android device. I am not familiar with the iThing app, but I gather that it is less versatile than the Android app.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime