Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have 3 Arlo systems with 10 cameras under one account. Want to add camera but need to change plan?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Indianlakescott
Follower
Follower

Hi, I presently have 3 Arlos systems with a total of 10 cameras under one email account. 3 homes, 3 sep systems. I want to add a camera outside to our house. But if I do that I have to change my plan according to Arlo. Anyone know how to get around this?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only way to do this without changing subscriptions is to buy a single camera system, including base station. Use a second email address to create a second Arlo account and add that new base and camera. Then use Settings, Grant Access from the new account to the old one's email address so all cameras show up in one login.

Chillguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, so I have 2 systems and I was combining 10 cameras between 2 properties.. I had to replace 3 out of the 10 temporarily leaving me with 7. Now I cannot connect the remaining 3 I had in my original plan and that was the sole reason for which I bought Arlo for... Is there any way for me to get my original 10 camera plan? And reconnect the remaining 3 cameras?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, the legacy 10 and 20 camera plans are being phased out and actions such as you have done are causing problems. The "fix" is to unsubscribe and subscribe to the new plans. Not satisfactory but that's what I ended up having to do. 

The alternative is to use the free 7 day plan (no subscription) assigning 5 cameras per account and use multiple accounts to be able to get all cameras set up. Then use Settings, Grant Access from the new accounts to the original so all show up in one login. It's not perfect but generally works decently.