Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MarkN2016
Apprentice
Apprentice

I took the advice, and I swapped cameras to different positions.  I opened battery covers and closed them again.  I re-booted the base station.  I lowered motion sensitivity (Then it wouldn't detect the motion.)  There are no clouds in the sky whatsoever causing shadows.  No motion at all, anywhere.  I moved the car that the camera watches over, in case it was some sort of reflections off the windshield.  Nope.  Same problem with the car not there.  

As you can see, it's just a bright flash, then 9 seconds of absolutely nothing.  Wierd thing is, it doesn't do it at night under the night vision.  Both cameras have shown the problem now, so it's not a problem in just one camera.  I'm thinking it's related somehow to the sunlight, but camera is positioned well under my eaves, totally out of any direct sun at all.  I can't move the camera anywhere else to be able to watch the car.  See it here:   Example Video  &  With Car Parked

I'm out of ideas, except to return these and try a different system totally.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, it has to do with the sunlight.... that is a highly reflective concrete surface.... I can see it giving many false triggers.

Since you can move the camera anywhere else, you may need to use either a pixel based detection like the Q camera( will work thru windows ) or another type of unit.

BTW, the flash is just the iris adjusting to the high light level

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

guess you did see i meant "can't"

Morse is faster than texting!
MarkN2016
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you for the response. I assumed it was something to do with the sunlight being as it didn't occur at night. I guess I'll have to look at another route. There are no windows nearby. That location is over my garage. I was hoping to keep an eye on that car that has to live outside there and it makes me nervous. Maybe I just need sunglasses for the camera!
😁
MarkN2016
Apprentice
Apprentice
Also, I have no power outlet nearby. I would consider the Nest outdoor cam if I had a way to power it.