Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Gap in pictures taken by camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bill-AH
Tutor
Tutor

I have an arlo base station with four Arlo 3030 cameras connected to it.  yesterday, I was revewing the pictures in the library and noticed a package at the door.  the package has some ballons that triggered the Itried to review the pictures before that for that day or the day before, and was not able to find anything on who put the package.  I have two cameras pointing to the front door and neither showed anything.  Both cameras have chargd batteries, so that is not the issue.

Any thoughts on what could cause the cameras not to take pictures?

Thanks,

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, your only limit on your video storage with USB is the USB drive itself.  I have a 64gig drive plugged into mine and I've got every recording my system has made since I installed Arlo PRO last november.  You can use your existing arlo cameras with arlo pro as well, so you could always buy a single camera arlo pro system and use the new base with your current cameras and then have a new arlo pro camera as well. The videos in the cloud will still only stay for 7 days (free account) but videos on your USB drive will stay there until you wipe it, overwrite it, etc.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

You didn't mention if you have an Arlo or Arlo PRO.  However, if your internet was down or experiencing issues at the time of the event, it's possible that the recording never got uploaded to arlo.  If you have an Arlo PRO, you can plug a USB drive into the back of the base to help mitigate these issues.  Occasionally, I have the same issue.  My internet "blips" (for lack of a better word) and during that moment an event occurs but since my internet is down I get no notifications and no recordings to the arlo website.  However, I pull my USB and see the recording on it so I know the cameras were working as expected.  This is one of my peeves with arlo, I really wish it notified you (or provided you a log) when your internet connection is lost so that you could corelate the issue.  If your cameras have been working normally all this time, I suspect this is the issue.  Did you test it again to see if it notifies as normal or have you seen subsquent recordings?

Bill-AH
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.  It was either that or my wife sneaking the package from the inside so she would not have triggered the motion detection.   I do have the Arlo and not the Arlo pro.  It is time to upgrade.  Does the Arlo Pro allow you to save recordings for as long as you want? and can you do both, record the number of days allowed to the web and a copy to the USB drive?

Thanks again.

Bill

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, your only limit on your video storage with USB is the USB drive itself.  I have a 64gig drive plugged into mine and I've got every recording my system has made since I installed Arlo PRO last november.  You can use your existing arlo cameras with arlo pro as well, so you could always buy a single camera arlo pro system and use the new base with your current cameras and then have a new arlo pro camera as well. The videos in the cloud will still only stay for 7 days (free account) but videos on your USB drive will stay there until you wipe it, overwrite it, etc.  Good luck!