Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JCS1960
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wireless Arlo security camera

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Works here on multiple devices. Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

JCS1960
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still cannot view recorded video in full screen on my Samsung android phone

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tried on my Galaxy Tab S3 to keep it Samsung and had no problems. I had it in portrait mode, started viewing the video and then rotated the tablet to landscape which resulted in the full screen view. If you mean it doesn't actually fill the screen, that's different and is a result of a combination of the app, video aspect ratio and screen aspect ratio.

JCS1960
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @jguerdat This issue is on my Samsung android phone.I do not have a portait mode.There  is not an option for full screen after it was updated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Portrait mode is holding the phone vertically (normal). Landscape simply means physically rotating the phone 90 degrees. When I do that, the screen switches to full screen since the app is trying to fill the screen horizontally. Note that Android provides the ability to block or allow this switching so check your phone display settings if this doesn't work.

JCS1960
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat I do not have this option in my display settings on my android Samsung model #SM-J337A phone.I still cannot view a full screen recorded video.Even when I rotate my phone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it sounds like a phone setting issue, what do you see when you rotate the phone? Does the display change at all?

Just checked on my Samsung tablet and I can't find a rotation setting, either. However, it DOES rotate the display between portrait and landscape with no problem.

JCS1960
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I rotate my phone nothing happens.It does not show full screen on the recorded video.Keep in mind this happened after the Arlo app was updated.Samsung Android phone

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm tempted to say that a factory reset of the phone may be needed but I'd contact support here first just in case.