Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Padestic
Aspirant
Aspirant
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't help without information. WHat are the LEDs on the base showing? What have you tried? What error messages are seen? Did it ever work? Have you tried both the app and a browser? Details, please.

Padestic
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been having this problem beginning the 11/25/17 after the service was restored following the General issue with the arlo server. Often I am unable to access my 3 devices, unable to access the mode to know if the arlo cameras are armed. I cannot also stream live video. In fact, I don't usually stream but it good to be able to view live video sometimes. Even if the cameras are armed, it takes forever for me to receive an alert on my android phone Only the library and perhaps the filter works when this happens. I never had this problem. As I said earlier, this problem started out the 11/25/17. Any insight on how to resolve this is appreciated in advance.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, you need to provide details of what you've tried, what you see, etc., as suggested in my prior post.

I would first try power cycling the base and verify that all firmware is up to date in Settings, My Devices, each device listed there.

Padestic
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. How do I update firmware. I guess I can repower the base station. As I type this response, I am still unable to see my cameras or stream videos or see live videos. But the cameras seem to be working and I can see the captured videos on the library. Is this a problem with the app.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Turning the base off and back on is almost always a good first step. In addition to clearing out weirdness, it can also trigger firmware updates, which are automatic. You can always compare your versions using the Release Notes section here to make sure you're up to date.

Hedgehogwatcher
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I followed your advice re turning off and on. Cameras now up and running after re syncing them. They have been down since the big outage. Many thanks