Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
DesMoinesMike
Initiate
Initiate

The mode section says "Getting Information" and never changes.  I can't get on with my phone or the computer.  How do I reset this?

35 REPLIES 35
JCz
Initiate
Initiate
Same here. No chance to enter mode or rules section. Not on iPhone, iPad or Mac. Restarting didn't change a thing, so I deactivated. Now, trying to activate again, but app doesn't recognize/detect base station. Already wrote on a different forum here last Friday - no response yet. What am I paying the premier membership for, if response needs days and I can't use Arlo at all? Disappointing!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
We are aware of this issue and our development team is working diligently toward a resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience in this process. We will provide an update as soon as possible.

Thank you!

JamesC

FredrikJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did a factory reset (you have to use a paperclip or thin pen) hold i down for some time (10 sec or so). Then I hade to re-connect all my cameras . But now it work for me.

HamzaAli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset my base station to factory setting and now the system works fine. Thank you Fredrik J for your help.

Barr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello? Any answer yet?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Barr,

Welcome to the community! There was an issue with modes/schedules not working that was caused by the inclusion of unique characters in the name. This has since been resolved. Are you still experiencing this issue?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable
It resolved the issue for me...

I don't know if it's the renaming of my modes that solvef the problem or the different restart of base station or the renaming of my two cameras, but it is working right now! I have access to my modes again!
kimbers4
Tutor
Tutor

Just a couple days ago the system quit recording. I cannot access mode, says please wait and then times out after 5 minutes.

i cannot connect with phone, ipad or two different computers via the web. I can see my cameras and click live and see but will not let me access mode to set the motion recording again.

It worked for the past six months.

Thanks for any help as to how to fix this.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing? Power, Internet and camera LEDs should be green.

TMRenton
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems like whack-a-mole with my Arlo.

Overall, I have attempting to remain positive but the tension is building towards returning the system back to Costco.

Latest issues:

1. Get false email notifications that Arlo has detected motion but no video.  I checked and the camera is working and will record video.

2. The Android applet will randomly not allow me to access the MODE function but just continues to have the circle go around and around indicating its attempting to connect.

3. Updating Arlo software is NOT without hiccups.  The software update added the INCORRECT Wired Version of Arlo rather than my Wireless version.  The battery indicator was replaced with a Plug Icon and the battery level disappeared.

4. Had to uninstall and reinstall Android app which restored functionality but possibly why the applet is reacting erratic.  Not willing to reinstall the "Update" again.

5. Battery indicator when from 100% to 78% after 2 weeks and now 4 weeks out its at 90% again. Odd behavior.

So, I will start to look at other security options that might be Wireless but I can NOT recommend Arlo at this point.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Punt. Reset the base, remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and add the base back in using the Add Device button on the Devices tab. Sync the cameras. Any luck?