Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
OllierGBR
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the 2 arlo cameras with base station and two independent Arlo Q cameras indoors.
The Arlo cameras cover my porch and garage drive way.

It seams I can only setup one of the camera to act upon an event.

The base station can have up to 5 devices I think.
I use the geo mode for arming all devices, however only one of the two outdoor cameras records.
I've tried adding an additional mode, but then this is specific to the camera only.

I've played with all of the settings I can see without prevailing. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Ollie.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Obviously, both wireless cameras should be able to record simultaneously.  Try power cycling the base and open and close all battery doors to reset the cameras.  If that doesn't help, you may need to reset the system by removing all wireless devices and the base in Settings, My Devices (leave the Q cameras alone).  STart fresh using the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  Of course, this also means you'll need to rebuild your modes, schedule and GF back to where it was so make notes to help out.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Atinarobe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Atinarobe
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 1 camera set up and trying for second with no luck. What am I doing wrong. I have followed instructions as given. Please help. Respectfully Atinarobe @ aol.com
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

OllierGBR,

Currently, Arlo Q is a stand alone device and cannot interact with your other Arlo cameras.

JamesC

OllierGBR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello James. My ArloQs work perfectly. It's the two Arlo cameras connected to the base station that won't record simultaneously.
I can only 'arm' one Arlo camera when scheduled to in the app. Both Arlo Q cameras work independently and record at the same time if required.
The two 'outdoor' wireless cameras - the system will only allow me to setup one recording mode with one camera. It's an either or scenario.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Obviously, both wireless cameras should be able to record simultaneously.  Try power cycling the base and open and close all battery doors to reset the cameras.  If that doesn't help, you may need to reset the system by removing all wireless devices and the base in Settings, My Devices (leave the Q cameras alone).  STart fresh using the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  Of course, this also means you'll need to rebuild your modes, schedule and GF back to where it was so make notes to help out.

OllierGBR
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, so battery out and reset bsae station didn't work.

I've now removed the two cameras from the base station and restarted the base station.

I will now start the pairing process again and update.

OllierGBR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removing, resetting and repairing the cameras has done the trick.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Woohoo!