Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dawgs
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Base Station is OFFLINE, according to the Arlo application when I click on the MODE.  When I log into the Arlo web app (Smart phone app) or web broswer to see a live feed from my cameras, I get the following error message across all my cameras:  

"Your device is not connect.  Make sure it is connected to your router and has a working internet connecion"

When I log in and check the MODE, it states my Arlo Base Station is OFFLINE.  I am not at this location so I can't check on the base station right now to see to what the station is doing (e.g. see what lights are on), or reset the base station -- I should be able to do that later today when I travel to the site.  I can state that it appears my router is fine and operating, since I can access other computing devices connected.

Lastly, the other interesting thing is that the motion detector is still capturing and recording alerts.  So I was curious if the base station is truly OFFLINE, how can the cameras capture content and send out alert notices?

Is there anyway that I can cycle the base station remotely?  Within the application, I am not seeing an option to do that, but maybe I am looking in the wrong spot. in.  The  base station device appears to be grayed out when I look at MY DEVICES.  If I can't cycle the hub remotely, what are the steps when I am onsite?  I can't remember if there is a reset button, or do I power off and then on.

Many Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First off, try logging out of the app and back in. Sometimes that helps. Try a different browser.

Once on-site, there's a power button on the back of the base. There's also a recessed reset button but don't use that yet.

Any luck?

Dawgs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!  I tried logging off/closing app and a different browser same result.

Also, I was onsite earlier today, and I cycled the unit.  After there was no change I hit the reset (recessed) button, and there was no change.  So I am stil getting alerts and 10 sec videos when motion is detectecd, but otherwise cameras still indicate they are offline.

Appreciate you any thoughts on how to address

Thanks again!!!

Disantoda
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue. It seems every time it rains, the cameras go offline. (Although sometimes they still record video even though they appear offline) I purchased a battery back up, but that does not help. It seems the only thing that works is power cycling the wireless router and the base station. This is discouraging, as the arlo system is an hour from my home. I wish there was a way to do this remotely. There is not. Sorry!!
Dawgs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!  I have the same logistical challenge as you.  I did stop at the site yesterday and cycled the base station, but did not think of cycling the router, so I still have the same issue persisting.  I will stop by there again later this week and cycle the wireless router as well.

Your right that is not a great solution, but hopefully it will work.  One of my cameras, and the most recent one I added is exposed to weather without much cover.  I will see if I can maybe put together a better solution.

Many thanks for sharing!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The reset button is one you have to press and hold until the LEDs flash amber.  That factory resets the base so you need to remove all devices connected to the base and the base itself in Settings followed by using the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to start over.  At this point, that's what I'd suggest since nothing else is working.  Note that EVERYTHING gets reset by this so modes, rules and settings will all have to be redone.